Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my idea did not pan out on the governor. I did add a lock washer beneath the 4x10 to the case. I wanted to add a m5 washer between the spring and the flap on the rod to make the spring parallel to the flap but i could not get it to work, maybe because I had to change the flap shape slightly and now its just like the complete 070. And the locite is hard to get to stay on a small screw you handle the hound out of to get in place, i added some in place.

IMG_20170824_105846.jpg IMG_20170824_105851.jpg

Just a note for future builders. Short thread down.
7b9660f1e7022c09e26a0524bb863a59.jpg

Anybody found the oil plunger for the oil pump? I think that's the next part that needs assembly?

I ground out just the edge where this would stand up straight the using the world's biggest flat head to get me access to the top. A heat gun making it un touchable then the world's smallest hammer to pound the flat head putting me safely out of the way of the copper pipe and Bam Bam.
829303c4cc6eb2ed358f3c9036f53ae4.jpg

This was a booger. The hollow bolt did not want to start in the nut and again into the case. I think I have 2 threads visible. We will see if that needs to be adjusted when I attach the pump
f0981729d4c1c1a0a4ed136b624ed42b.jpg

9afcadc495dd464773cc75ff2f53c6c4.jpg

I also have some rust on the crankshaft right where the oil seal sits. I'll have to smooth that up some.Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

thats nasty. can you clean that up completely with maybe some wet sand paper?
01ec0a24528a93c3d053c109468b8e3e.jpg
6a0163def8354fd9ba7d632ea2b19522.jpg
8190638d422285398b50ee229bcfe902.jpg

I have been trying to get the oil pump covered and its a pain in the behind. several times parts have sprung all over. is there a good way to do it. currently i am allowing the gasket to dry on the surface so it does not slip all around so easily, you risk tearing the gasket and then you have a wait on your hands. everything i have tried so far has not gotten me anywhere. there has to be a trick to it. anyone?

I found the trick to be coating the gasket which I already had and pressing it on the case and letting it sit long enough to adhere and then it was not slipping all around and I was able to line the nylon plunger with the pump and place the cover and screw it down. With the gasket slipping it was impossible for me to get it lined up. This made it much simpler.

can anyone show me on the ipl where these are located? I can not find them. thanks

smaller.jpg larger.jpg

I believe that first one is the oil adjuster seat or cup as Stihl calls it.

Attachments

• IMG_4078.JPG
    IMG_4078.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 25
Are the bags kinda categorized like the 660? How's that oil pump look? It's around $200 from the dealer.
How would you like to be on the helpers hand end bedford. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 19
I want to make a note, I could not go back and edit the better post to say this.

When you complete your fuel tank go back inside and make sure your pickup is laying free. i checked and mine and it was crammed up in back. i just had to take my hook and pull it forward. This seems to happen frequently and you can head it off by simply checking it. Before its been happening to the prebuilt owners and when they go to mill and lay it on its side and the pickup is out of place and it sucks air when the tank gets low....we don't want this big thing to go lean, that rod is awful big.

Its a simple fix.

Are the bags kinda categorized like the 660? How's that oil pump look? It's around $200 from the dealer.
How would you like to be on the helpers hand end bedford. Lol
man you are right, I bet that thing would be a handful to hold. bet it would buck right out of your hand unless you held it tight. real tight. lol

the oil pump seems impressive. i noticed that there is a channel from the pump to the crank case. there is a hose that goes into it. i will attach a picture.

the bags are separated. several bags go to an area. in mine it seems everything was there. your ipl provides much more detail than mine

pump path.jpg

IMG_4080.JPG Good pics and walk through. I can give you whatever pic you need on the IPL.
I thought all ipl's showed about the same.

Thanks, my ipl did not give me the detail you showed me. Your screen had different names. Which I would expect since mine is dated...old. so far just need to figure out the other part I showed. I wonder if it's from the clutch area?

I just did not want to go to step 3 closing up the crank and not understand where those two parts go. When I close I don't want to open it back up

Lol
Oh no

Back