Huztl MS660 is on the way...now for the mid size saw order...which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just leaned about the hutzl site yesterday, can't believe how cheap all that stuff is, ordered cylinder kits for 192 and 180 a bunch of recoils to revive a truck load of honda gx engines and one of the 660 parts kits just for #$%ts and grins. wow! 400 bucks for everything inc postage, I had paid $50 for one used recoil for a honda in the past.
It got me doin searching and found the source, the farmtec site and you have to order 10 of the same item to buy from them and the price is just pennies less on some things, and, some are a lot less like inner side plates for $0.10 each, hurtzl is $0.83. I'm thinking better get what I want now cuz Trump has promised trade tariffs, and It will probably be coming down the pike.

The video of the fartec 660 build convinced me that for my firewood chores and limited planned Granberg milling, I should be set for life with another $400 in maybe a 361 kit, a supply of filters, clutches and such and a chain sharpener or a box of good swiss files if I can master how to sharpen chain to revive the dozen or so chains I already have.

I just leaned about the hutzl site yesterday, can't believe how cheap all that stuff is, ordered cylinder kits for 192 and 180 a bunch of recoils to revive a truck load of honda gx engines and one of the 660 parts kits just for #$%ts and grins. wow! 400 bucks for everything inc postage, I had paid $50 for one used recoil for a honda in the past.
It got me doin searching and found the source, the farmtec site and you have to order 10 of the same item to buy from them and the price is just pennies less on some things, and, some are a lot less like inner side plates for $0.10 each, hurtzl is $0.83. I'm thinking better get what I want now cuz Trump has promised trade tariffs, and It will probably be coming down the pike.

The video of the fartec 660 build convinced me that for my firewood chores and limited planned Granberg milling, I should be set for life with another $400 in maybe a 361 kit, a supply of filters, clutches and such and a chain sharpener or a box of good swiss files if I can master how to sharpen chain to revive the dozen or so chains I already have.
Another one caught the bug! Just remember if the boss want's to know what happened to the cookie jar fund...you can blame all of the guys here!

I've used a lot of huztl part's no problem's i stocked up on 372 part's two 50mm cylinder kits i had to order the round intake boots to convert my two square intake chinese 365s to the round 372 intake the cylinders look great i was impressed but one decomp wasn't threaded they are sending me another cylinder that's good customer service.
I had already ordered my saws from aliexpress they are 240.52 shipped i still might get a 660 kit later when funds are available lol20170216_171607.jpg

that thing looks GOOD, took a triple take on the 365 badge. I just a link where someone built a 660 and was sold on ebay auction for $660 w no B&C. I just want what I put in the shed to run when I need it. I've been so late on cutting wood the past two years I've had to deal with damp wood on the coldest part of the winter.

20170217_151430.jpg I haven't tried the Chinese 360 361 440s but i like the original stihl versions I've had several husqvarna 365/372 saws and these clones run right with them i put the bailey's specials 35.00 oem full wraps on and 24 inch full comp stihl rs and they oil and cut great I've been impressed with these china saws i made up some dual ports and they run great.20170217_140813.jpg 20170218_095644.jpg

That seller raised the price about 35.00 since i bought mine last week.

They are going up on aliexpress they were 212.00 a piece shipped but under 300.00 shipped is still a good deal i think.

241.48 shipped aliexpress lol they went back down in price good im going to get another one.

Is that the Tailin 365?
Yes that's the one I've had trouble finding a good deal on alibaba for the 372s that i felt comfortable with the aliexpress is their storefront to me it's safer i had good communication with the seller it was my first time buying stuff like this other than the bay.

Have you found any 372's or MS440's close in price?
I haven't other's have i kind of gave up on alibaba no response from sellers just didn't like it myself but I'm new to buying stuff this way lol

I bought some 372 topends like 25.00 each shipped to play with lol20170301_144304.jpg

You can't go mixing orange saws with creamsicles so that's out. And as a wise man once said, "if you're gonna lug a 60cc saw into the wood pile it may as well be a 70cc", so my vote would be for a 440 and hold out for a 200T for the wife/kids/dog, when they get released.
Funny--I scanned this post and it sounded like wife/kids/dog were in prison. LOL -my read/comphrohension is scewed!!

I bought some 372 topends like 25.00 each shipped to play with lolView attachment 561776
Looks like only 2 of them had the deck machined and one was used? Other than that they look nice but hard to see much detail. The web looks kinda beefy. How is the plating, threading and porting? I am leaning 440 for the next Huzkit or alicomplete but a 365>372 is not out of the running if ~$300 shipped works with a 365 jug left over.

One's a mahle oem i started cleaning up one of huztle to use
If i find a good price on a 440 i will post it.

Back