Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can attest to the hard to get a compression test, it is really really hard to pull. But does start. It's must have compression. You can damage the starter yanking on it without the decompression active.

I had to drive 30 miles to get a key but I got it running. It runs well and idles nice. It does jump around quite a bit when it is idling on the driveway. I tried to get a compression test but I could barely turn it over without the decomp. I could only get it up to 125 psi. I know it's higher than that I just can't pull it over.

Awesome. Seems like we're all having pretty good luck with them running once we round up all the necessary parts. It was surprising, but I couldn't find an online source for the key that didn't have slow shipping from china, or have outrageous cost from the states. One of those rare cases where buying from a dealer was the cheapest and fastest solution.

I had contemplated buying pressure and vac testers when I was having trouble getting it to fire up. Though, now that it runs i'll likely hold off until someday when it feels like there's more immediate need for them. They're one of those tools where it's hard to trust a low price/quality option, so I feel the need to buy the top tier brands. Which would normally be fine, but in this case the tools just don't have enough general utility beyond small engine repair to justify the expense.

Does your decomp pop after every pull? I've had a few times where it would pop mid-pull and the sudden jolt made me practically rip the saw out of my other hand. Hard to believe the plastic starter fins don't just shatter into bits when that happens.

Awesome. Seems like we're all having pretty good luck with them running once we round up all the necessary parts. It was surprising, but I couldn't find an online source for the key that didn't have slow shipping from china, or have outrageous cost from the states. One of those rare cases where buying from a dealer was the cheapest and fastest solution.

I had contemplated buying pressure and vac testers when I was having trouble getting it to fire up. Though, now that it runs i'll likely hold off until someday when it feels like there's more immediate need for them. They're one of those tools where it's hard to trust a low price/quality option, so I feel the need to buy the top tier brands. Which would normally be fine, but in this case the tools just don't have enough general utility beyond small engine repair to justify the expense.

Does your decomp pop after every pull? I've had a few times where it would pop mid-pull and the sudden jolt made me practically rip the saw out of my other hand. Hard to believe the plastic starter fins don't just shatter into bits when that happens.

The replacement decomp valves are generally for the smaller powerheads. The spring pressure is light and the port tiny.

Try drilling the bleed port 1/64" larger in stages until it behaves better.

I can only pull about half way or about two cycles before the decomp seats. There's no drop starting mine. Fortunately it starts easily. I like the idea of making the little port bigger. I'll be using it a lot this weekend. I'll give a full report.

ok everybody check your emails and on your orders. i got word my missing stuff shipped. so maybe those saws will also go out, too. the email was sent during the night friday

My kit hasn't shipped it's Been since the 24th. They want answer me back on the shipping but will on the cracked case. I'll give til Monday before opening a PayPal dispute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone else having problems with there checkout? The site keeps freezing up when it goes to the pay pal page. I've contacted pay pal and they are suggesting huztl is having issues with there website. The lady at pay pal said they could see my several attempts at trying to pay at the checkout. And of course I've tried emailing huztl about the issue with no reply!

Its night there now. I usually get a response at 3am eastern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for a winter project, not that I need another chain saw, however with the Hutzl price increase is the 660 still a worth while project to pursue for the weekend firewood cutter.

Did not mean to get anyone's hopes to high. I figured if they shipped me they would be more than one email sent out. So I alerted everyone in an effort to help.

They shipped my kit on 9/9/16 so it took about 10 days and a few more to report missing items, so we are at about 2 weeks to ship shorted items. If that timeline helps anyone.

For a winter project you could volunteer at the homeless shelter or clean out the garage and attic or you could spend money on something you don't need but secretly want.

My money is on the latter:)

I'm looking for a winter project, not that I need another chain saw, however with the Hutzl price increase is the 660 still a worth while project to pursue for the weekend firewood cutter.

Well, I think I may have found a MS660 "in a box" with a scored cylinder. If I can make a deal on a real MS660, I will go that route and not worry about missing parts and getting reply's from China, and the price increase! A new piston is reasonable, and hopefully, the cylinder can be saved.

Why would you hold off? If you want it man order it. They not going steal your money, or they did not mine.

There are some issues, but it's possible they are ironed out. Worse that can happen is they delay shipping it. And that could be over. Place your order and get in line. It sure won't ship unless you order it.

I am very happy with my kit, just the poo that caused unrest. Having the kit in your hands makes you happy

Latest posts

Back