Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll have fun cleaning saw dust and chips out of that filter.
I mentioned running a pre filter similar to this. Wouldn't even think about it without one. Pull the pre filter off, shake it out blow it out put it back on and you're good to go. That long foam filter looks like it could be easy to catch and rip and you could be running it and not even know. I keep picturing the property I just purchased with about 20 acres that's so overgrown and full of thorn bushes I can barely even walk through, I know I'd take out that filter hiking in! I would definitely need something sturdier, I'm sure I'll never get around to building a saw that hot so I guess I don't have to worry about it. Love that saw though!

xstream_wprecharger.jpg

I mentioned running a pre filter similar to this. Wouldn't even think about it without one. Pull the pre filter off, shake it out blow it out put it back on and you're good to go. That long foam filter looks like it could be easy to catch and rip and you could be running it and not even know. I keep picturing the property I just purchased with about 20 acres that's so overgrown and full of thorn bushes I can barely even walk through, I know I'd take out that filter hiking in! I would definitely need something sturdier, I'm sure I'll never get around to building a saw that hot so I guess I don't have to worry about it. Love that saw though!

xstream_wprecharger.jpg
I've used Outerwears before. A pre-filter like that will make a big difference. I have to ask though. Why not run an OEM filter?

No problem. I personally haven't got one "yet" but it's hard to beat foam for flow and easy to clean. You can defiantly build a saw like that. The cylinders are cheap so get a extra and play with it. Just read a lot on porting and keep notes on what to and not to do. Really a muffler mod and timing advance is all most need

No problem. I personally haven't got one "yet" but it's hard to beat foam for flow and easy to clean. You can defiantly build a saw like that. The cylinders are cheap so get a extra and play with it. Just read a lot on porting and keep notes on what to and not to do. Really a muffler mod and timing advance is all most need
I'm already thinking about picking up a couple cylinders to play with, probably a 56mm too, they're definitely cheap. I've ported a dozen or so 2 stroke bikes and quads so I'm aware of how much can be gained and the general idea. Was actually shown how by the guy who runs the local motocross shop. Already done plenty of muffler mods on other saws so that's nothing new. Haven't had time to look into the timing advance yet but need to. Just checked and my order has cleared customs so it should be here soon! I can already see a few more of these in my future.

Timing seems to wake it up and makes its little snappier. around .020 off the key is about 7° of timing from what I got. A wheel is preferred but not needed on that mod. The oem has to run the timing lower as they know people will run cheap old mix.
3ae92587cd7853a74e7a17549c98dcb7.jpg

I used to have a motion pro degree wheel but not sure if it's around still. It's been awhile. What are you using to shave that .020" off, I have access to a mill but if there's a easier way I would try that first. I don't have the kit here yet so not sure which side you're taking it off from?

A file and a pair of vise grips and micrometer. I put the key on the crank then mark it with a marker because there's no need to shave the part of the key that inserts into the crank. The flywheel turns counter clockwise so insert the shaved key so that your advancing the timing not retarding. I lock the crank down on the clutch side and hold the flywheel so it won't turn while I tighten and I mean tighten but don't go crazy. There's several ways to do it
Theirs other problems I've found but haven't posted about yet.
4e1d1d6716e4ce813d4b63a1815c7b53.jpg

Just seen he's in Russia. The letters on that building had me baffled for a minute

My kit arrived today! Ordered 11/30 and it arrived 12/8 so pretty quick really. Got a text telling me it was delivered so I ran home for lunch to check it out.

upload_2016-12-8_15-35-5.png

For the most part everything looked good. Parts were packaged well. Parts look like pretty good quality. I did find one issue that I'm not to happy about. The cylinder was packaged on top of the cases. This scratched everything up quite a bit. I could almost live with that but there appears to be a problem with the paint itself, it's flaking off in multiple spots. The red is shipping damage and the yellow is where the paints flaking off.

upload_2016-12-8_15-39-46.png

upload_2016-12-8_15-42-7.png

upload_2016-12-8_15-43-58.png

There are a lot of paint chips floating around inside the cases as well. Overall the quality of paint seems to be pretty bad, almost like maybe it was a bad batch. Anyone else have this issue? I will try and contact Huztl for a replacement. If t's already coming off I could just imagine what it would be like after actually using the saw.

I can tell you their going to respond around 3am eastern time. And they are going to offer you a slight refund first. But if you want replacements you might have to be persistent about it. I had a cracked case and that was my dealings.

My kit arrived today! Ordered 11/30 and it arrived 12/8 so pretty quick really. Got a text telling me it was delivered so I ran home for lunch to check it out.

View attachment 542148

For the most part everything looked good. Parts were packaged well. Parts look like pretty good quality. I did find one issue that I'm not to happy about. The cylinder was packaged on top of the cases. This scratched everything up quite a bit. I could almost live with that but there appears to be a problem with the paint itself, it's flaking off in multiple spots. The red is shipping damage and the yellow is where the paints flaking off.

View attachment 542151

View attachment 542153

View attachment 542154

There are a lot of paint chips floating around inside the cases as well. Overall the quality of paint seems to be pretty bad, almost like maybe it was a bad batch. Anyone else have this issue? I will try and contact Huztl for a replacement. If t's already coming off I could just imagine what it would be like after actually using the saw.
I have put together 7 kits. The extent of my paint issues consisted of maybe a small chip in the paint on one of two of them from shipping.

I can tell you their going to respond around 3am eastern time. And they are going to offer you a slight refund first. But if you want replacements you might have to be persistent about it. I had a cracked case and that was my dealings.
If I remember correctly people were having the best results getting ahold of them through ebay?

Latest posts

Back