Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High idle is also engaged during choke. May would have a hard to start when cold if it doesn't work

I couldn't stand it not working so I had to fix it. And also I was giving the 3 I built to friends so they had to work.

Yep it's driving my me nuts. Is the fix oem parts? I've de burred everything and the parts just aren't right to keep the throttle off the stop.

It's been months since I've done it. I can show on a oem tomorrow if I can't explain it.
The problem is the far left slot in the Orange housing that the control rod rides in. It's too loose. You would think it's to tight by the way it acts. One of my temp fixes was to cut a small square out of a leather glove and put it behind the control rod to tighten it up some when you put the handle cover back on.
I think one person used a thin sleeve over the rod end also.

Yeah I tried that today with rubber, but it was squishy stuff. I'll have to try again with something stiffer. If the oem stuff will work my local dealer is always very fair on the pricing.

I put a OE control switch and still acted up. But it felt better and stiffer

That's Good to know. I played with a few different thickness til I found what worked.

Well...you guys got me. I ordered the 30th of April, received it in early may.

My box had the brass grommets for the top plastic and weather deflector air thing that seemed to be missing on the earlier kits. All it seemed to be missing was the name plate. The inside diameter of the clutch drum was too small, I replaced it with an Oregon and added an 8 pin rim sprocket.

I decked my cylinder .018 and used the base gasket to end up with .023 squish. The Chinese muffler was smaller than the exhaust port by quite a bit. I cut out the baffle and opened it up. I also noticed that the Chinese carb didn't have a notch in the throttle plate like the walbro I have... I filed one in. I should have tried to run it before I did that...oh well.

I plan to get it running and tuned and post a video.

The build was fun, thanks guys.

I bought a 572 kit at the same time, if there is a similar thread for those I would appreciate if someone would link it or pm me.

Well...you guys got me. I ordered the 30th of April, received it in early may.

My box had the brass grommets for the top plastic and weather deflector air thing that seemed to be missing on the earlier kits. All it seemed to be missing was the name plate. The inside diameter of the clutch drum was too small, I replaced it with an Oregon and added an 8 pin rim sprocket.

I decked my cylinder .018 and used the base gasket to end up with .023 squish. The Chinese muffler was smaller than the exhaust port by quite a bit. I cut out the baffle and opened it up. I also noticed that the Chinese carb didn't have a notch in the throttle plate like the walbro I have... I filed one in. I should have tried to run it before I did that...oh well.

I plan to get it running and tuned and post a video.

The build was fun, thanks guys.

I bought a 572 kit at the same time, if there is a similar thread for those I would appreciate if someone would link it or pm me.

I have bolt for bolt vids on my youtube channel. ...check the link in my sig. Not quite done editing the 372 yet....but it's almost done :)

I have bolt for bolt vids on my youtube channel. ...check the link in my sig. Not quite done editing the 372 yet....but it's almost done :)

I have watched a bunch of you and Walt's videos:cheers: My wife would like to have a word with both of you. I did the 660 with a thermal assembly, but I plan to copy your no heat setup for the husky. Thanks to you and Walt for putting it out there, without your vids I probably wouldn't have had the juice to attempt this.

Ambition.....much harder to come by than money. If I gave ya some ambition...then im happy!

You are welcome to copy the tool design...but if ya get frustrated. ..let me know and I'll see what I can do about getting you a set. They really take away all the worry and fuss about putting cases together.

Best of luck

'Ears' on the Farmertec 066/660 wrist pin retainers are stupid long.
4d8b5512d5f498857551e1f5908130ac.jpg

Shortened them with my Dremel cut off disc.

I would have remove them entirely but might be handy in the event of trouble.

Back