Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the tapered and standard next to each other. The tapered is longer but the threaded part is close to the same. I would not recommend turning them around and threading the short side into the case. I would be afraid it could strip the case threads.
ecf70f0fe370ae7ca3f380ee95e03dd0.jpg
cebf38668983a11393bb2344f51719ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Still not getting anywhere with the bucking spike problem.

Maggie Tong is a clueless turdhead!
"Dear sir,
Thanks for your business.
This spike is fit for crankcase, not for chain sprocket cover.
Hope this can help you."
And that's why I just ordered the outer from stihl

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Hey folks! I have not had time to read this entire thread (huge now). Can you folks give me a rough idea of total cost out of pocket to purchase and build one of these 660's. (Initial purchase + shipping + extra parts to make it right + etc.) My initial thought is that I need about $300.00 to build a powerhead (no bar or chain). Am I in the ballpark on this estimate? Thanks!

Yeah, that's the easy way.

We are just trying to give Maggie an education.[emoji6]
Maggie is giving you the education. She is the one that worked so hard on my clutch that I still don't have. I learned something was wrong and my best chance was ebay.[emoji3]

Hey folks! I have not had time to read this entire thread (huge now). Can you folks give me a rough idea of total cost out of pocket to purchase and build one of these 660's. (Initial purchase + shipping + extra parts to make it right + etc.) My initial thought is that I need about $300.00 to build a powerhead (no bar or chain). Am I in the ballpark on this estimate? Thanks!

Three Benjamins is about right.

One I have here now is kit plus Stihl decomp valve. Pushing $295.

I had no issues with assembly at all and it started/ran well.

Some things may turn up on shakedown.

My build was in May 2017 (for when this thread is 500 pages deep, 6 years from now. Lol) I replaced the AM decompression with a factory stihl because of the Internet. I replaced the clutch drum with an Oregon because the Chinese one had too small inner diameter. My kit was also missing the Chinese MS660 name tag. Plus cleaner and goo, I'm closer to $325 for the powerhead.

I will also note, I am a new guy here and only have put this saw up against average firewood saws. But this is a monster compared to the 60cc stuff my friends spent $700 on.

I think Maggie finally got a clue.
"Dear sir,
Thanks for your reply.
You mean that you received 2pcs same bumper spike for crankcase, but did not receive the bumper spike for chain sprocket cover, right?
Or just receiving one bumper spike for cranckase.
Waiting for your reply"

Got some time yesterday to get into this build and now it's a runner real good one at that but here's what I had to tweak and replace in order for it to a good running saw, firstly when I looked over the cylinder it looked fine but after a close inspection it needed some port chamfering and some casting bits ground of ,just little bits that if you picked at them with a scribe they would fall off ,so I pretty much smoothed out the ports chamfered the edges and then dropped the lower tranfers ,I glassed the base and took .008 thou off getting squish to
.025 thou ,
running standard hutzl piston and rings ,everything clearance wise was spot on but the piston was hitting the crank at BDC so a bit of grinding on the underside was needed.
Every other aspect of the saw went together with minimal or no tweaking ,had to toss the rear half of the muffler due to it being warped or bent and wouldn't seal ,had a oem rear handy ,I pulled the carb down and inspected it ,check needle height ,at this point I was impressed.
Put some fuel in it and it popped on the 2nd pull ,so far so good ime thinking,move the switch to run another pull and it ran ,ok so it needed tuning,well it turns out that no amount of tuning was going to help this carb,,went through all my stuff and found a oem carb ,threw it straight on set the mix screws and bingo ,running as it should,
Threw a bar and chain on and tuned ,went and done some test cuts just to get it hot and load the engine,chain wouldn't stop running at idle,ititially it thought clutch springs but turns out the drum was out of round ,i threw a spare oem drum on problem solved,all up pretty happy with this build ,it put oem fuel and impulse lines in and a ngk plug ,no way was that farmertec plug going in,going out today to cut some large rounds of hardwood ,that should test it out ,running 25:1mix just to give the Chinese bearings some longevity.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

This was the second one I built back when I was testing it. Seems to still run good. It has a mix of oem and huztl. Running 32:1 Kl200

Farmertec has released their 3/4 wrap handlebars to round out our chinesium builds. 46 amerigrigo pesos on ebay or Huztl.

View attachment 583912
Hopefully they will not bend as easily,and they fit like they're supposed to,I bought one made for the MS660 it was so bad the chain break couldn't be reset.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Farmertec normally would not have a handle that does not fit. They have had one for the 440, glad to see it for sale

Maggie I couldnt have tried anymore...

Maggie finally figured it out.
"Dear sir,
Thanks for your photos.
We would like to resend a right bumper spike to you, is that ok for you.
Waiting for your reply."

I told them to send it.

I have it fixed with a set from a generous forum member but just want to have them make it right.

Maggie finally figured it out.
"Dear sir,
Thanks for your photos.
We would like to resend a right bumper spike to you, is that ok for you.
Waiting for your reply."

I told them to send it.

I have it fixed with a set from a generous forum member but just want to have them make it right.
Good on you for following it through

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I happened to notice this morning the kits are on sale. I have been considering ordering this kit for a while now and at the price they have listed I almost can't say no.

At this point, is there really any reason not to order one of these kits? Seems pretty straightforward.

Clay

Back