Hydraulic oil filter for troybilt LS 27 TB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southpaw

I react 2 B Venom
Reaction score
Wanting to replace the hydraulic oil filter on the LS 27 splitter but there is no identification on the filter , would like to just go to the auto parts store and pick one up and replace it.

I do have a operators manual and there is a MTD genuine parts list that has their part number of the filter but they want $22.71 plus shipping costs..... I'm not going to waste money like that for a $5.00 filter that any auto supply store or wal-mart would probably have on the shelf.

Thanks if anyone can help out here .

i got the same splitter and got the hydraulic filter off the shelf for about $6 in tractor supplies hydraulic section.

if you to any auto parts store they should be able to cross referance the number to anybrand they carry.

Thank you, just got in from splitting all morning .........going to parts store in about 5 minutes .

Was 4 degrees out this morning when I started splitting , nice to come in the house and warm up a bit .

Got the napa 1551 , $10.86 with tax. for a filter that should cost around $4.00 or $5.00 .

They really slide the corn cob in ya at these small town stores for anything , it's 25 miles in any direction to where competitive shopping is around here and they know it ........I just got caught slippin this time , thanks again for the references though .

Latest posts

Back