Hydronic cattle tank heater

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightk20

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well i'm glad to report that i have finished my plan to try and heat my cattle water tank with my OWB. It seems to be working very well. i ran 70' of 1/2" pex to the tank and made a double loop at the bottom of it then another 70' back to the hotwater supply to my shed hanging heater. I put valves in both of the 1/2" lines and also 1 in the supply line where i tee'd into. My thoughts were that i would have to vary the valve inbetween the 2 tees to regulate the flow through the 1/2" loop but it seems like it is getting too much flow so i have to leave the middle valve wide open and then use one of the 1/2" ball valves to regulate the flow. Total cost for the install was around $300 but i will be able to get that back this year alone just in the electrical saving from not having to run a 1500watt heater in the tank. Just thought i would share the info if anyone was thinking of doin this. Kevin

Latest posts

Back