Hyundai makes chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
No, they are the same just with different shaped plastic covers and different colors. I'm amazed at how easy it is to fool even experienced chainsaw people with simple cover and color changes. They are all Chinese made clones of Zenoah G3800, G5000 and G621 designs, in various displacements.

OK, I don't really know....

AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
No, they are the same just with different shaped plastic covers and different colors. I'm amazed at how easy it is to fool even experienced chainsaw people with simple cover and color changes. They are all Chinese made clones of Zenoah G3800, G5000 and G621 designs, in various displacements.
So, you know for a fact that these are Chinese copies and not Korean copies?

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
So, you know for a fact that these are Chinese copies and not Korean copies?
No, not for certain. I've seen plenty of these G3800 clones, all so far made in China. The Australian version of the Hyundai is clearly the same as the Topsun saw which is made by Zhongjian Tools Manufacture Co. There are also some hints on the UK versions that they are close to the Earthquakes. I've never seen any chainsaw advertised as being made in Korea, but it's certainly possible.

Knobby57

Knobby57

Peeing outdoors
Hyundai is a huge co. Cars are a very very small part . They are big in electronics and heavy equipment and ships. They make about everything so why not chainsaws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adventurebob

adventurebob

monkeys and shakespeare, baby!
You can buy good stuff in china or you can buy crap. Americans seem to think that they can get good quality Chinese stuff dirt cheap. The laws of economics apply even in china: good quality costs money. There are some excellent products coming out of china, but they don't tend to come here because Americans go "that's too much for Chinese stuff." Yet nearly all of the stuff Americans think are good quality has Chinese stuff in it. There's another country that we had the same opinions about in the late 60s early 70s; Japan.

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
The video shows that the easy start feature works beautifully (with the engine warmed up) but also that the saw bogs down gnawing at twigs with 3/4 of the bar exposed...
Likely both due to low compression/excessive squish clearance. Just like the Earthquakes.

Can't really blame them - it makes it easier for the novice to start and easier to manufacture.

Conquistador3

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
It may interest you to know Hyundai chainsaws have arrived in my neck of the wood as well.
One is the usual G5000 clone. The other is, intriguingly enough, a G3400 clone. The third is a top handle saw whose original genetic material I cannot identify. Care to guess what is?

d521b3285331148964fc0a459a826ae3_XL.jpg

Latest posts