I am a pickup driver with a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The thinning project has begun. So far, the half dozen trees today went in the correct direction, they just won't hit the ground. I thought I'd begin on the far end and go towards the light, but my friend and landowner said to start near the road and fall the trees into the timber. So, I am. Then we hook a chain up to the butt and pull the tree out till it hits the ground. That was the only way. One tree did have enough size to hit the ground. They are at an angle where they will not hit the tractor. We do need an arch, or maybe a block or a yarder....

It was quite dark today so my photo is not good. The Used Dog was confined to the pickup cab. I got the bar stuck and yelled a nasty word---got to not do that. I brought a bit of firewood home. We may continue tomorrow.

201800d1317945792-truckdriverwithsaw0001-jpg

Oh, a truckdriver (he delivered a load of well casing) stopped and said he liked seeing a woman in a hardhat with a chainsaw.

View attachment 201800

Latest posts

Back