I am going to buy OWB, brands?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OHHHHHH SUUUUUUURE;

MY first and last Toyota, Jeep, Ford, trusting my fathers realtor when we bought my first house which I am stuck with for one thing and believing that my former employer cared about me as as an employee rather than a tool to be used or a commodity in human flesh;

(it was just a "coincidence" I was fired the week I was supposed to cycle into the September date where I would have been able to be credited for 23 year of service, my fifth week of vacation, saved my 2nd week of banked vacation and I was dismissed after a false accusation of exiting the mine 40 minutes early which is a physical impossibility.

SOKAY-I got better than even with the 7 page letter to the CEO-COO-chairman of the board of my employer describing what and how it happened and who etc. as well as the fact that the employee who replaced me was paid half my salary.

He apparently believed my explanation and he visited the mine after simply explaining I want to apply for another job at another facility and to clear my name.

My credibility was without question and helps when he attended graduate school here and was the class of 67 and most of my family are graduates of the same school.

"They can destroy you financially and physically for speaking the truth but they cannot sue you for a libelous statement".

The latest company negligence caused death on the job in march just added more truth to my letter. Its a shame that he died because of them and the CEO-COO is retiring now.

Please help me to in some way connect your post to the topic of buying an OWB......:monkey:

OWB saga continues

I was using examples in my referring to things being simple like buying a vehicle or a home or having a job for a lifetime in reference to his last posting about things not being simple that should be.

I hope my deletion of my commentary solves it for you.

Central boiler has a good firebox design concept (as far as shape). But my firebox along with my budies firebox burned out after 6 years. They of course are blaming us for the failure, I really can't say one way or the other, but you need to realize the dealers are saying one thing about the sidewall thickness and the company claims something different. I have been happy with the heat effeciency but not durability of the Firebox. Just my opinion, I know others that are happy with there CB so far. I didn't do the research I wish I would have before I purchased an OWB. Do your homework, and ask lots of questions, especially about customer service.

Do you still have a cb?

Yes I do. It is actually at the company getting fixed right now. I really did not have much choice when it came to getting in fixed versus purchasing a different brand. I had made my case known and stood up to them so they ran it under the warranty. If they would not have run it under the warranty I would have purchased a different brand.

owb brands

After 15 years on the fence and tons of research and shopping. I settled on a Heatsource1 Earth Energy 190. It is a gasifier. Talked with the CB people the other day at the fair and 2012 is cut-off for manufacture of regular boilers. I went the phase 2 route because I sensed something was going to change with all of the so- called enviromentalists screaming for more regulation. I also figured that burning less wood would be a plus to ofset the cost of purchase. I live in a rural ares, but government powers are reaching everyone that even spits wrong. They probably are fixin to outlaw peeing behind the shop.:laugh:

2012, wow. I guess they will still make the gassifiers?? Well now that my head is spinning and I can not sleep, dear wife thinks we should suck it up and go geothermal!!!!!- So we are getting a few bids on those and we will see. The township is taking their sweet time to officially permit the wood burners, until then I would have to make an appeal and spend $300.

Sounds like the township will approve them and the permit will be $50. If I would have kept my mouth shut I think I could have gotten away with just putting it in but I did not want to risk having to take it down.

Just got another 3000 pounds of red oak yesterday- very nice wood. I guess geothermal with a OWB would really set me up for some cold winters. Maybe get a small unit for the water and bump the heat up and leave the windows open. I still will wait for the final OK from the township.

What is going to happen when the standard boilers are discontinued? Will the phase 2 models be OK???

I looked at shaver with a 1/2" firebox and on sale now, pretty tempting.

And the band played on.....

R.O.N.

2012, wow. I guess they will still make the gassifiers?? Well now that my head is spinning and I can not sleep, dear wife thinks we should suck it up and go geothermal!!!!!- So we are getting a few bids on those and we will see. The township is taking their sweet time to officially permit the wood burners, until then I would have to make an appeal and spend $300.

Sounds like the township will approve them and the permit will be $50. If I would have kept my mouth shut I think I could have gotten away with just putting it in but I did not want to risk having to take it down.

Just got another 3000 pounds of red oak yesterday- very nice wood. I guess geothermal with a OWB would really set me up for some cold winters. Maybe get a small unit for the water and bump the heat up and leave the windows open. I still will wait for the final OK from the township.

What is going to happen when the standard boilers are discontinued? Will the phase 2 models be OK???

I looked at shaver with a 1/2" firebox and on sale now, pretty tempting.

And the band played on.....

R.O.N.

Yes, the gasifiers would be ok. The standard boilers/homebuilt units would be illegal.He said they will not build any standard boilers then, strictly gasifiers. Seems a few bleedin hearts are controlling everything:Your money,food,energy,guns,what next? I too considered Shaver, but I can't believe that their simple design could be eligble for the tax rebate still. I also talked with Jeff at Andersons outdoor furnaces about American Royal furnaces and asked if they were eligible for the tax credit. He said NO. And since that design seemed to be a superior design, how could the Shaver be eligible? With a phase 2 unit and the tax credit, I am spending the same as if I bought a regular stove that they may or may not continue to let you use in the future. Bottom line is: If a person hasn't burned wood, or doesn't know how to do it correctly, The best dang furnace in the world isn't going to help. I have a Brother in law that is just that idiot. He continually smokes out people in town. I have told him how to alleviate that, but he doesn't seem to care. He'll be the one that gets them banned in town around here. I live in the country, thank god...........for now.

Latest posts

Back