I Am Positively Impressed (Dremel Sharpening Tool)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
A while back, following good reviews on this board, I bought the chain sharpening kit for Dremel.
I experimented with it on the oldest, most worn .325" chain I have (which won't escape the scrap heap for long) and I must say I have been pretty impressed with the results.
It's like having a very well file-sharpened chain: to be completely honest I don't think I could sharpen a chain this well with a file.
I made some test cuts on various trees today: one Birch, one old and large Firethorn and one Cherry Plum.
The little MS231 cut through all of them like a hot knife through butter.
Money well spent... I think I'll order a couple spare stones since i predict I'll be using it a lot!

Dont get stones.

get the diamond burr's.

auction site,,30 for $8.50 delivered.

MVC-523F.jpg

Been using the dremel for many years hand files did a great job after about 2 times the file was junk and my hands would hurt .Like mention works as good if not better than file I just use the stones that will out last any file

Do you have a link for this seems like a deal thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think it's stihl against the rules to name a seller that is not a sponsor.
but with "auction site " and " diamond burr " ....................

I haven't gone thru one after three chains now so at less than 30 cents each ,yes it is a deal.

A while back, following good reviews on this board, I bought the chain sharpening kit for Dremel.
I experimented with it on the oldest, most worn .325" chain I have (which won't escape the scrap heap for long) and I must say I have been pretty impressed with the results.

Does the stone rotate towards or away from the cutting edge?

Back