I bought a 056 parts saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl_collector

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I love shopping on ebay and a while ago i found a 056 and bought it dirt cheap. Saw turned up and was as it was in the pics, missing the ignition, top cover, handle etc but it had a dual port muffler carb etc. Today bored on my 7 days off I attempted to turn her over and she was a bit seized up so i lubricated the piston, rings and bearings and i'll let it soak over night. So I ran the crankcase numbers and measured the cylinder, 56mm so my $20 saw is a Mag2. This one will be a bit of a lengthy project. More to come.
View attachment 209157
View attachment 209158

I love when parts saws turn out to be something special. 4-5 years ago I bid on what was advertised as a old Husqvarna parts saw, no pictures and a very vague description. I ended up winning it for a little of nothing and it turned out to be a roughed up 2100 with a good top end. I threw some spare parts on it to make it a runner and then sold it for a tidy profit.

Well, its a start... Good find on the mag II, one never seems to come my way. And I think its the saw I want the most! Oh-well, Christmas is coming and I've been a good boy, mabey Santa will bring me one!

This is 056mag11 no#3 project saw i have so there's a few ignitions to choose from and all other parts which is good. I love surprises.

Very nice. Keep us posted on progress. Heres one of your pics.;)
209158d1322637465-stuff-003-jpg

Hopefully you got an accurate mesurement on the bore, I like to do them with the cylinder off of the crankcase, sometimes hard while still together. Also, my 056 Super AV has the dual port muffler too.

Nice Neil!
You and your mags!!

And nobody mentions the Contra in the foreground!!!! LOSERS! LOL!!!

Hopefully you got an accurate mesurement on the bore, I like to do them with the cylinder off of the crankcase, sometimes hard while still together. Also, my 056 Super AV has the dual port muffler too.

Yeah mate it was accurate and i pulled the cylinder today, 56mm.

Back