I bought my dream truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is certainly in good shape and something you don't see everyday. That dump bed looks like just the ticket for a wood hauler.

That dump bed looks like just the ticket for a wood hauler.

That's what I'm thinking too.
I recently timed myself bringing truckloads of rounds home. It takes me about an hour between driving 5 miles to my cutting place loading pre bucked rounds, and unloading them at my house. I think I can cut atleast 20 minutes off of it per load, at only 3 loads a day that's an hour saved time!

what motor you have in that?
It's just a little pump gas chevy 383 with about 6lbs of boost supplied by a little wieand blower. I just broke the tranny running 11.0's with a best of 11.02 . I will have to wait till next year for 10's
I put about 1000 miles a year on it on the street, and take it to the track a couple times a year too.

It was the stock th350 we rebuilt with a couple extra clutch packs, 3500 stall and a full manual valve body. It held up for 5 hard years or abuse so I'm not too disappointed. I was gonna pull it to put a transbrake in it anyway this winter.

Now go get yourself some cheap insurance from JC Taylor or others. I just paid my $55 annual premium on my old blazer...that's right $55.00 full coverage. Another reason to drive old stuff. BTW, I love the truck.

She's a beauty! Classic shape, pleasant colours... And a DUMP BED !
How much weight can you load it with? How much can you tow?

SA

I just recently sold my 69 K20 4x4. It was a good truck as well. I used to love telling people that the gas tank is in the cab, behind the seat. The looks that I would get.... lol.

Congrats on the score.

Nice classic truck!.....Looks like the bed and cab don't line up right. May have something to do with the hydraulics but usually it's a sign the cab mounts are shot. You might want to take a look at those. :cheers:

Nice classic truck!.....Looks like the bed and cab don't line up right. May have something to do with the hydraulics but usually it's a sign the cab mounts are shot. You might want to take a look at those. :cheers:

Your right, that's one of the first things I noticed.
How much will it carry? Well it was advertised as a 3/4 ton back when it was new, but we will have to see about that:)

I love the old rides too! What a find man, treat it well and I bet it could last longer than a 2010 whatever.

NICE!!!!

Waay too nice to beat up hauling wood really, but to each thier own.:cheers:
I'd be more carefull with that thing, than I would a brand new truck LOL!!

It's a cali truck so the cab corners aren't likely to be rotten, so it's probably just a busted mount, or rotten bushing if it isn't a slightly twisted bed.
Pictures don't give ya much to go on, but I'm hoping it's just a bad bushing and 5 bucks worth of body scwantz and a bolt will cure it for ya!

How the heck does anybody keep a dump bed that straight, for this many years? Kinda wierd.LOL!!

Nice snag!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back