I cut firewood because I ........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, this sounds vaguely familiar...:rolleyes:

Yup, that about sums it up. Well, and the fact that I enjoy it and it is the best exercise I get! Gotta say though, just the last few days, a co-worker (who also heat with 100% wood) and I sure have enjoyed listening to the other guys bellyachin about the oil n propain prices. The same guys that think we're dumb for "doin all that work" meanwhile, they're running around their 65* houses all bundled up whining about being limited to only getting 150 Gall. high $$$ delivery! HA! I love being somewhat (at least for heat) "insulated" from all the price instability, the refinery broke down, hurricane xxxx, market demand, the grain crop was wet this year, Chinese demand, some sheiks camel farted sideways and ruined his best dress, BLAH BLAH BLAH whatever! :dizzy: :blob2:
I'll be back, gotta go throw another log in the stove, it just dropped to 77* in here...:laugh:
All of the above. The one thing I can control .Always forced to pay a certain price for gas food whatever forced to make X amount of wages then get portions of that deleted before I get that home . I can stock pile firewood no one cares

...............I'm not the brightest bulb in the house. Purchased 2 loads of wood for fireplace in new home. Said that is enough of that.

I like cutting and smashing **** up. Eventually you have to burn or sell what you smash and cut up so you can smash and cut more **** up.

The circle of life.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's why I added the shredded politician feed system to the zogger smogger....first you have to get them massaged into small enough chunks to fit in a home owners little shredder...

See I wasn't buying any of that exercise, saving money, fun with power equipment and "time out in the woods" malarkey. Now the truth is starting to come out and confirm what I have known all along - you're all just fire worshiping pagans who like sending things into the fiery depths! My master plan is coming to fruition.....

burns_excellent.jpg

Keeps me in shape, kinda...gets me outa the house...love the chainsaw vs tree challenge...and its a sense of accomplishment...and I love the woods & outdoors...love a blazing or slow burning fire...and I've made some of the worlds best friends since I've been messing with wood & chainsaws! :clap:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's why I added the shredded politician feed system to the zogger smogger....first you have to get them massaged into small enough chunks to fit in a home owners little shredder...

Does the Zogger Smogger prefer seasoned liberals or freshly appointed ones , smashing them into smaller pieces is no problem once you throw daggers of truth and logic at them....noodling them does help with the smell of BS that comes when you cut them but that goes away every few years in novembers.

i dont cut firewood. i just come here and read about it.................

this year theres more truth to that than ever. with this crazy wind and cold and snow ive been working crazy long hours and havent had much time to cut or even burn much. just too dang tired to light a fire after an 18 hour day away from home and gotta get up again in 5 hours

The other question why I enjoy jumping in ice water an going for polar bear walks .Because I can .This is not rational the experts say that's wrong .But I feel a lot better an going to kept on cutting firewood an enjoying the cold

I cut firewood because ....
- my body and brain work better after a good workout
- food tastes better after cutting and hauling a heavy load of wood in the fresh air
- I don't like paying the man
- I like knowing if the power goes off and all heII breaks loose, my family and pets will be warm and dry
- being in mother nature is awesome !

enjoy your weekend

-

Last edited:
Does the Zogger Smogger prefer seasoned liberals or freshly appointed ones , smashing them into smaller pieces is no problem once you throw daggers of truth and logic at them....noodling them does help with the smell of BS that comes when you cut them but that goes away every few years in novembers.
I find politicians are like wood - it all burns fine, no matter which side of the isle you drop it from. I think it is the high methane content.

I cut firewood because:

1) we are cutting up trees from the farm and burning them so I gotta have saws anyways and do most of the work, so I may as well cut them a bit smaller and burn them to heat my house

2) I enjoy being outside and doing the manual labor and exercise

3) I love to run chainsaws and the splitter

4) We frequently have ice storms that knock out the power each winter and my fireplace insert provides me heat and a cooking source without electricity (last major outage lasted 13 days, only 4 houses past me on the line and all self-sufficient farmers, so not a priority for electric company)

5) the wood heat just feels more comfortable

6) I hate paying for things (electricity and propane) when I can get the same output (heat) for nearly free (I AM A TIGHTWAD)

I don't like having to depend on the undependable. I am solely responsable for my heat. depending on myself has put me almost 10 yrs worth of heat stock piled waiting for me to use at my convience. no worries of electricity, snow, ice, alien nation, zombies, towel heads, floods, I will not freeze to death. May starve but not freeze.

Latest posts

Back