I.D.# tag missing on a 2100CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carym2a

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have two 2100CD's that the I.D. plate or tags are missing, from use and or throwing chains . What I want to know is there a way to find out what year they were made? without the plates in place.

Cary

Are there any scrapes (from a screwdriver) behind where the tag should be? If there is, its probably stolen, unless you know the entire history of the saw, I'd avoid it. I used to be like you, but after getting burned a few times I'm more cynical...:msp_unsure:

not really, and even then the early tags dont date. On top of that most of these saws are hybrid 2100/2101....parts have been superseeded over the years and you can only get what you can get.....at the end of the day the year build isnt that important.

go to Husky USA, download every ipl and all the service bulletins and then spend 50hrs minimum cross checking, referencing to see the slight changed over the years............dont ask me how I know :msp_scared:

There is really no way to get a year of manufacture without the tags and, like has already been mentioned, most of those saws are a "mutt" of mixed parts. In my experience the exact year a 2100 was built means very little when it comes to buying parts. The only real differences over the years was a side port muffler versus a front port, thin ring piston versus a thick ring and chain brake or not.

Are there any scrapes (from a screwdriver) behind where the tag should be? If there is, its probably stolen, unless you know the entire history of the saw, I'd avoid it. I used to be like you, but after getting burned a few times I'm more cynical...:msp_unsure:

Thanks Guys, I was thinking the same as far as ( mutt ) saws after the rebuilds they have had over years of work, they are'nt stolen I know them and the owners from way back , just wondering how or if a date could be found hiding somewhere on the power head other then the data plate. no marks or scrapes but on the under side lots of cuts and damage from chain throws, I had been told that if the saw had thrown a chain a few times real hard that the rivits get cut from the under side then in time the plate falls off.

Thanks agian

Cary

Latest posts

Back