I got myself a Dolmar 420

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Dolmar, they are my favorite saw. I own many brands and they are still my favorite, I have been reading Niko's posts on here for two years and I still like them, he has not turned me yet. He tried too, and I still like the guy. Maybe we could change his user name to the Swedish Boogie Man.

Last edited:
I have learned to deal with Sawtroll's opinion by buying those saws which he opposes most vehemently, like the ps420 and the ms362

he is the keeper of all things specification, so he has many good points and is a vast reservoir of info. Don't take it personally. I have learned not to........most of the time :D

oh, and this is for Sawtroll :lifter:

:hmm3grin2orange:

I did look them up and posted it but he has his mind made up even though he hasn't ran most of them. I am not slamming saws that I haven't ran so why does he? He does seem to be smart and a smart a$$ too but aren't we all? Haters gotta hate!

You just posted the specs (that anyone can look up themselves), with no attempt to adjust them to the truth - and even suggested that they all are facts, which is far from true....:msp_rolleyes:

I have learned to deal with Sawtroll's opinion by buying those saws which he opposes most vehemently, like the ps420 and the ms362

he is the keeper of all things specification, so he has many good points and is a vast reservoir of info. Don't take it personally. I have learned not to........most of the time :D

oh, and this is for Sawtroll :lifter:

:hmm3grin2orange:

:laugh::laugh: It isn't a question of lifting the saws, more a factor in how they will handle! :msp_smile:

I have never weighted a single saw, and like never will.

:laugh::laugh: It isn't a question of lifting the saws, more a factor in how they will handle! :msp_smile:

I have never weighted a single saw, and like never will.

You know I think you're growing on me and I do like you and my Dolmars!

That statement is just patently FALSE!
Mike

Nope, he looks at numbers and states this saw is 'x' or 'y' when until you handle it in person you should keep the heel quiet. Hence, speculation and conjecture. Example" he states the 420 handles badly because the bar if far from the centre of gravity. He hasn't even handled one, I HAVE. It handles like a dream and yet he goes ON and ON and On with his bull conjecture and speculation stated as fact when he is WRONG. And EVERY damn thread with Dolmar written in the title is spoiled because I know that regardless of what is being talked about he will have some bull crap littl;e dig about weight and handling when...wait for it...HE HAS NO EXPERIENCE.

My friend the Sawtroll is very quick to give Dolmar credit where they deserve it.
His wonderful wife Sawwitch (who we lost a while back) owned a 5100, so he definitely knows what that saw is about.
He prefers a 346 to the 5100 but he will admit that the 5100 is a nice saw.
He is an information collector. That is what he does. Birds fly, fish swim, babies crawl and Sawtroll collects information.
He not only collects information from each respective manufacturer, he collects information from myriad other sources as well.
He is almost NEVER wrong and you could learn a lot from him by sitting quietly and absorbing what he has to say.
I often disagree with him when he gives his opinion but I try to remain RESPECTFUL!
We have a MUTUAL RESPECT for each other even though we might disagree and though we are half a world apart.
If you will look beyond what has p!ssed you off, you will see that he has said many good things through the YEARS about the 420.
We discussed it ad nauseum before you ever joined here and he knows it is a good saw.
He doesn't think it has a place in his arsenal because it is too close to the 346 without the power.
Why can't you just accept that?
Doesn't he have a right to his opinion?

I think the 420 is a GREAT saw and has no equal available from any manufacturer extant.
Sawtroll doesn't agree. That is his right.
You have the right to agree with me....or Niko....or form an opinion of your own.
I however, would appreciate it if you would disagree RESPECTFULLY!!!

Mike

after you've been around something for a while. it is your experience which can make quick, reasonably accurate determinations about whether or not something is good or bad, whether or not you have explored the "something" to its fullest extent.

but occasionally you might be dead wrong...........even with considerable experience of the subject matter.

:msp_smile:

Last edited:
I love Dolmar, they are my favorite saw. I own many brands and they are still my favorite, I have been reading Niko's posts on here for two years and I still like them, he has not turned me yet. He tried too, and I still like the guy. Maybe we could change his user name to the Swedish Boogie Man.

I meant to say Norwegian, sorry Niko, I had a Freudian slip.

Hey....Stihl-Pioneer....Have you got this gorgeous hunk of orange running with the 0.325 chain yet? If so, what do you think? I'm still waiting for my drum to show up. I might have to go with the 5105 drum yet.

I have run it with the OEM bar and chain and it's not too bad. Going to do a MM next.

Hey....Stihl-Pioneer....Have you got this gorgeous hunk of orange running with the 0.325 chain yet? If so, what do you think? I'm still waiting for my drum to show up. I might have to go with the 5105 drum yet.

I have run it with the OEM bar and chain and it's not too bad. Going to do a MM next.

I have it all together with the thin shim and 5105 drum ready to go. I haven't had a chance to cut with it yet, been busy as he!!. Hopefully soon. I am supposed to go take a bunch of pines down along a buddy of mines driveway either this sunday or next. Might get a chance then.

My friend the Sawtroll is very quick to give Dolmar credit where they deserve it.
His wonderful wife Sawwitch (who we lost a while back) owned a 5100, so he definitely knows what that saw is about.
He is an information collector. That is what he does. Birds fly, fish swim, babies crawl and Sawtroll collects information.
He not only collects information from each respective manufacturer, he collects information from myriad other sources as well.
He is almost NEVER wrong and you could learn a lot from him by sitting quietly and absorbing what he has to say.
I often disagree with him when he gives his opinion but I try to remain RESPECTFUL!
We have a MUTUAL RESPECT for each other even though we might disagree and though we are half a world apart.
If you will look beyond what has p!ssed you off, you will see that he has said many good things through the YEARS about the 420.
We discussed it ad nauseum before you ever joined here and he knows it is a good saw.
He doesn't think it has a place in his arsenal because it is too close to the 346 without the power.

I think the 420 is a GREAT saw and has no equal available from any manufacturer extant.
You have the right to agree with me....or Niko....or form an opinion of your own.

Mike

¡¡Bravisimo!! A true gentleman!! Thank you and a rep for you!

This thread deserves a bump. You can't beat it for a combination of good chainsaw info and lots of drama :laugh:.

Mike

Mike, well-said, rep coming your way if the system will let me.

Back