I got scammed in the Trading Post

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas Hall.......hmmmmm would that be Tommy? Thall???

Obviously, it's not really ole Tommy.:)

But, the fact that Tommys name was chosen indicates to me that the scammer has done a little research here on the site, because Tom is one of the few regular guys here that has revealed his real first and last name. Pays to stick with the user names here, doesn't it?

I wish the OP had chosen a different title. My feelings sank when I thought a fellow AS member had scammed some one.

Anyways, the only way to take care of these scammers is to ensure that the word is spread.

I was more upset to find out that Tommy was really from Nigeria. That DC belt area sure has changed...:jester:

If all you are out is the $5 for the letter, you learned your lesson on the cheap. There is not any safe haven on the internet and to think the site is a tightknit little community is foolhearty. That said, I feel the moderators might wish to make the title of this thread a bit more informative.

There is a real person at that address and it is a real address, but not Thomas Hall. You should contact the local authorities and provide them all the information you have.

Last edited:
Scammers get scammed good here,gives a feller some good ideas.....

Excerpt from the website:

Three guys who go by the names Professor So and So, Jojobean and YeaWhatever spend part of each day running elaborate cons on Internet scammers. They consider themselves enforcers of justice, even after they send a man 1400 miles from home, to the least safe place they can bait him: the border of Darfur. The three self-made enforcers tell Ira their story. For more on what they did, along with photos, maps and phone recordings

Here's the link,select "stream episode" and fast forward to 9:40.....good stuff...

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/363/Enforcers

USPS revenues are down for the umpteenth year in a row. The $5 envelope is just another way of screwing you out of sticking it to the man and increasing the price of stamps.

HAHAHA, he emailed me today:

I will like to know if you've received the payment yet. Thepayment was sent out on Monday and I was hoping it would get back to you before the week runs out. (It was sent via post)
Thanks and let me know once you have the payment in your possession. Meanwhile, I will like to bring an information to your awareness before the payment gets to you. The payment consist of the saw's fee and its shipping cost to its destination (Belgium). I will not be able to receive it here so I've directed its shipment to my new home in Belgium(I'm relocatin). The boat is being shipped along with other furnitures. Hope it will be convenient for you to hand the shipping fee to the shipper so the shipment can comence once you have the payment.
Thank you and hope to hear from you as soon as you get this message.

Regards,
-Bruce.

go to a public computer to email him(so he cant mess with yours) tell him belguim?! thats great you will send the saw and a "package' not to be opened by anyone other than"Hector' he will meet you at your house .have ti package ready to go and UNOPENED as "Hector gets really upset(my arm never healed right) if he has to wait and his packages are tampered with.
tell him this could become a great business potetial for him,all he has to do is receive "packages" and wait for people to pick them up!

sounds like they are scamming many many people and filling containers and shipping over seas, that's cute, those rip off artists might need some good old fashion southern justice. I know when I got ripped by pro internet scammers no local state or federal law agency would do anything to help. not at all. not even the postal inspector and it was postal money order sent by postal system with tracking number. One sheriff's department told me if it does not involve drugs there is nothing they can do, have you ever heard of any such nonsence. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Gotta be real careful these days.

sounds like they are scamming many many people and filling containers and shipping over seas, that's cute, those rip off artists might need some good old fashion southern justice. I know when I got ripped by pro internet scammers no local state or federal law agency would do anything to help. not at all. not even the postal inspector and it was postal money order sent by postal system with tracking number. One sheriff's department told me if it does not involve drugs there is nothing they can do, have you ever heard of any such nonsence. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Gotta be real careful these days.
You do realize this thread is 7 years old, right?

Ize wouldz likes to pucase you fine automobile....I am dubai prince in london and if you will cass my check outside...how bout dat I willz give youse some moey for helping me before i diezs of the cancer in my penior.....

Haha. I just woke up half the house from laughing.

My friend bought a clothes dryer about ten years ago from a import catalog for 175.00 free shipping three weeks later a 12x14 picture of a dryer arrived with 15ft of clothes line and 12 clothes pins and complete instructions on how to install and operate the dryer.

Back