i guess i should introduce myself

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samg123

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi y'all I'm Sam I'm from Lancaster pa I figured after stalking this amazing site for a year that I should introduce myself I cut firewood for some winter cash and do a lot of giving it away to people in rough positions but hey pass it forward right ? Anyway I'm 20 years old I work 2 jobs and do this on the side I got a little ms250 stihl it's no 660 magnum but I keep the chain sharp and outa the dirt and she works great for me I use a 99 f150 short bed :( to haul small loads and my dad has a f350 powerstroke flat bed for the bigger loads and I also use a Honda rancher 350 freaking work horse that thing just won't break haha I'm gonna try and post some pictures as I go if I can figure out how lol anyway any comments,complaints,suggestions would be awesome fellas

Howdy! Suggestions..not much, just go to a two saw plan, bump up to around a 70cc model. Sell around three cords, should pay for a decent used one.

Any one have a recommendation on a good 70+- cc saw ? And does anyone have expierence with echo saws?... I've used there leaf blowers,weed wackers. But never there saws. And I'm not to concerned about the price of the 70cc saw. I like buying quility the first time. So I'm all for spending top dollar

Hmm not sure havnt been up on 30 lately. but that place was nasty anyhow so not a big loss haha.went there before got ham and pancakes ham was still freazing sent it back came back burned lol. One extreme to the next

Any one have a recommendation on a good 70+- cc saw ? And does anyone have expierence with echo saws?... I've used there leaf blowers,weed wackers. But never there saws. And I'm not to concerned about the price of the 70cc saw. I like buying quility the first time. So I'm all for spending top dollar

Echo makes good gear. Tell ya, for the loot, guys have been talking up the $400 echo cs590 timberwolf. They make a more expensive version of that saw, the cs620p, with upgraded components and I think more advanced cylinder porting. It's a 60cc model but with a muffler mod and trim the limiter tabs on the carb and richen it up some on the H screw, they apparently run quite well. I ran a slightly different one, same engine though, strong. No lack of power, but it *really* needs those two mods so it isn't running too lean. several threrads on the timberwold on the main chainsaw forum, plus you can find vids on youtube.

You can also lurk on the trading post here, some 70cc stihls up now I see, might be more.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/tradin-post.132/

I cut everything I need with an MS 260 Pro. If the 20" bar won't work all the way around it, I'll leave it for somebody with a bigger saw and a stronger back.
Bigger is only better if you actually need bigger.
Buy a pro-grade saw in whatever cubes (speed and/or bar length) you need for the wood you're expecting to cut. Most any professional quality 50cc will run rings around the biggest homeowner/rancher saw out there, and with a lot less weight and vibration. JMHO.

And welcome to the site!!

Would someone mind giving me the run down on adding pics from a cell phone ?. And thank you "zogger" for the info on the echo I don't know to many people who have one so I wouldn't mind gettin one for something diffrent :). And "farmer Steve " where about in York county are ya from ? I got a buddy in Stewart's town I keep some bull and heifer calves over there at his place

"Philloshop" if ya don't mind me asking about what did the ms260pro run you $$ and what cc are they also thank you for the input also

Would someone mind giving me the run down on adding pics from a cell phone ?. And thank you "zogger" for the info on the echo I don't know to many people who have one so I wouldn't mind gettin one for something diffrent :). And "farmer Steve " where about in York county are ya from ? I got a buddy in Stewart's town I keep some bull and heifer calves over there at his place
can't help ya on the cell phone pics. i e-mail mine to my 'puter and go from there. i'm between dillsburg and east berlin, near lake meade.

What "comes around" here is known as CAD, and you may have already been infected. The good news is there are plenty of guys here to help, and they love spending other people's money.;)

Welcome from another PA "Newbie", I'm from York Co just across the 372 bridge in the southern end.

Back