I had a tree on fire this morning. No pic sorry.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
Reaction score
I have been cutting this morning I found a tree on fire in the field, we had a lot of lightning last night. The tree was holllow half way down and broke off 20 ft up and fell over, so I fell the rest of it to save what wood wasn't burning. I'm not done, taking a break. I used the 038 Super 25" new loop of rsc "yee haw". The first real running of this saw after rebuild, I did have a good time with that old saw. The tree was around 28".

Thanks just telling someone, everone is gone from the farm today.

I've always gotten a thrill out of cutting burning trees.:blob2:

The neighbor had an old growth Doug Fir get hit during a really bad lightning storm about seven years ago. Imagine a fir that is 11' DBH, was over two hundred feet tall, and after the strike all that was standing was a 40' tall splintered stub with one burned branch sticking out of one side. It looked like it had been packed with dynamite! The mess on the ground was unreal. It took three men and some big tractors a day to pick that pile apart and cut everything into firewood. Some pieces were charred and the main trunk was splintered. They didn't have to split much lol.

Folks told the neighbor that he better start living right.:laugh:

Mr. HE:cool:

Ahh, I would love to see that, the certain combination of my favorite things, trees, saws, and FIRE. I promise im not a pyro, and I deny having CAD

"I had a tree on fire this morning. No pic sorry."

That's why I threw an inexpensive digital camera in the truck for those special occasions .... but I usually forget to grab it in the thrill of the moment .

:cheers:

Who has been within 100yds of a tree when it is hit by lightning?
I mean blasted, not just a little smoke and a few bark bits.

I was on a golf course when a large live oak got blasted. It threw chunks, limbs, bark, and smoking hunks of wood for 50yds.
Large splinters,2' long were stuck 8" into a nearby green.

I want 1,000yds of distance at least to these events.
Talk about noise.
Boiled/vaporized sap is not a good smell either.

We went into a house under construction for a while before resuming play.

I've been in the middle of a hurricane when some idiot on the engine decide hey if we get calls tonight lets not strap down the hose it'll only be blowing like 80-100 mph at the least. So there I was putting 5" hose in the freaking truck in the rain when all of a sudden a damn transformer pole not only got struck by lightning and split but then ever transformer in a 5 block radius decided to blow. Sorry my rant is over. I hate stupid lazy captains.

Latest posts

Back