I have something you don't have...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
That's right, I'm now the proud owner of 14 inches and 33cc of Homelite's most bad-azz saw ever... the Bandit!!! It looks like it has hardly been used (gee, I wonder why???) and even came with an extra chain. It came as part of a package deal with a MS200T (in excellent shape).

What I still don't understand is why the same person would buy an MS200T and a Bandit? Quite the red-headed step child... :dizzy:

Anyway, I can't wait to eat some nails, dirt, and rocks with my new Bandit! :chainsaw:

My stepdad has a Ranger, it seems to get the job done, he has used it all day with no trouble. A muffler mod and a real bar and chain wakes these saws up. They're a step above a WildThing as far as cheap homeowner saws go. Popular Mechanics tested it a few years back and didn't have too much bad to say about it.

It's not a terrible saw, It's pretty lightweight, and pulls super easy.

For a 12-16" bar, it's a good limber. Has acceptable AV.

I wouldnt buy a new one, but Id use one if it was given to me...I know alot of people use them and swear by them.

You have something I don't want.:laugh: :cheers:

Andy

Man, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to hurt anyones feelings (did that this week already). I used a saw like that years ago. Went to the new saws and wouldn't even think about cranking the old one up.

Man, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to hurt anyones feelings (did that this week already). I used a saw like that years ago. Went to the new saws and wouldn't even think about cranking the old one up.

LOL, you're not going to hurt my feelings, I know the saw is a POS. In all fairness, it's not as bad as I would have thought. In fact, it would probably make a great home owner saw for the occasional branch or tree that may fall around the house.

I fired it up last night, it runs good. It has a safety chain on it, but it also came with an almost new semi-chisel that should work well for it's future use... stumps and skids.
:hmm3grin2orange:

My stepdad has a Ranger, it seems to get the job done, he has used it all day with no trouble. A muffler mod and a real bar and chain wakes these saws up. They're a step above a WildThing as far as cheap homeowner saws go. Popular Mechanics tested it a few years back and didn't have too much bad to say about it.

I would say that's about what I thought of it too after taking her for a 5 min test drive... not a bad HO saw, but I wouldn't pay much for one. OTOH, it's nice to have a disposable saw kicking around for those dirty jobs...

Latest posts

Back