i know i am gonna take a beating for this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcars2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anyone seen the vogelzang durango. actually an EPA approved stove, not an exempt model, the specs sound promising and most of the reviews sound pretty good.
please dont tear me apart was just intrigued by this stove.
dont have a link but it is on the northern tool site and several other places on the internet.

Yes, you are getting beaten. :chainsaw: Check out the user reviews on hearthnet, that stove is a dud according to real time users. You wouldn't buy a car that was made cheap, so why get a stove that you'll use for a decade at least to save maybe $50./year on your family's safety ?
There are many quality stoves on the market that burn efficiently to save your back, burn clean, look nice. Try Pacific Energy, Jotul, Quadrafire, Woodstock Soapstone, Hearthstone, etc..... Even used is better than a Vozelgang with poor rep made like a Yugo.:dizzy:

You're brave!

Anything that I've ever read about Vogelzang compared them to the armpit of the woodstove world.The literature and specs on their website never inspired me either.Now...to be somewhat fair, I've never used one, but there is a reason they're cheap,and in my own mind that relegates them as only fit to heat a barn or garage.

I have a vogelzang, and you can bet it will be replaced this summer. I bought it for one reason, it was cheap. I spent a ton of money last year renovating this house, and towards the fall spent a bunch more putting in a rock hearth and ran out of cash. I have a small guest house on the property, and figured that I would buy what I could afford for the house for this last winter,then move it to the guest house this summer. What a piece of carp. The word airtight means nothing to this stove. You can actually see the fire under the door where it swings over the ash pan, and we used a ton of wood this last winter. With the huge air gap you have a choice. Carefully feed the fire all evening long, or fling the doors open once in awhile when the temp hits 80 to cool the place down. If you ever throw a big piece of hickory on the fire, stand by to fling the doors open in 15 minutes or so. I dont regret buying the stove, it served its purpose of being a cheap way to heat this new house, but I certainly would not consider leaving it in the house for next year. Might not even move it to the small guest house, rather use it for target practise.
:clap:

Latest posts

Back