I lost my wood cutting buddy today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Man,

It's not meaningless, we get pretty attached to our dogs and they are pretty loyal buddies no matter what we say about them, they are ALWAYS there for us.

Try and remember the best times...

Any idea what is wrong with him? How can they just put him down, they must know, right?

Take care.

Truely sorry to hear the bad news. I spend more time with my dog than anything or anybody else. She brings splits to me when I'm loading the stove, goes practically everywhere with me and is a great companion. She will be 8 yrs. in April and I hope she outlives me because I don't know what I would do without her.

Never underestimate the love a man has for his dog.

Hey man, been in those shoes a few times. Not a good feeling. Its like losing a family member here in our household.

Maybe after you've had time to heal you can adopt another.

Lots of shelters over flowing with dogs that desperatly need to be someone's "Buddy"

We just adopted a little guy after going down that road a few months ago.

Sorry for your loss!

Understand you completely,My dog, an American Eskimo turned fifteen yrs old just last week.At his age I know he is a short timer,,

We have covered a lot of ground together but he mostly just wants to lay sleeping in the garage anymore..

I'm really sorry. Try to think about what a good life he has had. My dog and i are inseperable, and i can't imagine him not being by my side. I hope after some time to grieve, you are able to give another dog a good home..... there are so many out there who need one. Stay stong man !

God bless and Godspeed to your buddy. They give so much of themselves and ask so very little in return. We are at the same juncture with our little what's it named Jake the Wonder Mutt.

We have had him 14 years since he popped outta his momma on our living room floor. We had his mom for a dozen years as well. He is so sick and wore out. It tears me up to see him not give it up.

My wife loves him like our children and can't put him down. I feel your pain. I hope you cherish the great times you shared with Skip.

Rich

Are you certain that he is fatally ill? Our old lab/chow mix got weak and fell over and couldn't stand up.....8 years ago. He is over 17yrs old now and is definitely showing his age. The vet said something about vestibular something that took a few weeks for him to get over. He always walked with a little lean after that.

Just make sure that the dog is truly fatally ill.

love dogs

My heart goes out to you.Hard to put into words the connection with our dogs.My wife had to drive my shepherd to the vet to have him put down because i was too much of a mess.A buddy stopped over that afternoon and I had some explaining to do/red eyes.I hope you can smile about the time you had together.My wife and I often comment on how much our dogs have meant to us.I hear there's lots of dogs being given up because of the economy.

Are you certain that he is fatally ill? Our old lab/chow mix got weak and fell over and couldn't stand up.....8 years ago. He is over 17yrs old now and is definitely showing his age. The vet said something about vestibular something that took a few weeks for him to get over. He always walked with a little lean after that.

Just make sure that the dog is truly fatally ill.

That's what I was trying to get to in my post...

Sorry to hear that.I have 2 pitbulls from a rescue shelter. My ex said you love those dogs more than me. Thats why she is my ex. Your dog will always be by your side.Sorry on your loss.

My dad bought me a border collie right after I was born....

She was my pal. We went everywhere together. When I was 13 she walked me to the bus like usual and after the bus left the neighbors dogs came over and tore her up pretty bad. Dad heard the noise and shot every one of those dogs (there were 10 or so) and took Fluffy to the vet where she died from her wounds......I found out when I got home......

Now I have a black German Shepard named Shadow and she is every bit as good as Fluffy. They would have gotten along well. She loves to hunt rabbits and hardly needs food because she is such a good hunter. I just can't take her hunting with me because she will eat what I shoot. She also has fish as a good part of her diet in the summer because we taught her how to fish. She can out-fish me some days!!!! Dogs are great. Make DARN sure yours is not going to get better before making that decision.

Sorry for your loss.

Here's my buddy. He always does a good job of cheering you up. Sprung him from the pound a few years back, and he has shadowed me ever since. Rarely does he ever leave my side.

m_7b8f3c5f38e741b32287a66ca9d4e72c.jpg

m_88ebd3a3babb6a2b4b731f2db863035a.jpg

I have been to the place where you are now many times and totally understand the sense of loss you see coming down the road. Dogs are truly man's best friend and I for one, would not want to live in a world without them. The only cure I know for this situation is to go find another one of his kind as soon as you are up to it. You will never forget your old buddy of course, but providing a loving home to another needy animal would be a fitting honor to skip and good medicine for you as well.

Best wishes,
Maplemeister:

thanks for the support and kind words to all ofyou all. thats why i joined this site. they said he is just shutting down. so the best thing to do is put him to sleep

Truly sorry to hear that WV, I've had a long line of pretty good dogs, and a small pet cemetary out back under a big tree in the pasture. Our pets are truly part of our families, and I'm not ashamed to say I've shed a tear or two just reading this post. My buddy's getting older, and I'll have to face that day again myself. For me, it's always been climb right back into the saddle, I've seldom gone over a week without a dog.

A friend on another forum uses this as his signature line, I think it says a lot:

A Dog is the only thing on Earth that loves You more than he loves Himself. - Ray (ecks) on AgTalk.

Truly sorry to hear that WV, I've had a long line of pretty good dogs, and a small pet cemetary out back under a big tree in the pasture. Our pets are truly part of our families, and I'm not ashamed to say I've shed a tear or two just reading this post. My buddy's getting older, and I'll have to face that day again myself. For me, it's always been climb right back into the saddle, I've seldom gone over a week without a dog.

A friend on another forum uses this as his signature line, I think it says a lot:

A Dog is the only thing on Earth that loves You more than he loves Himself. - Ray (ecks) on AgTalk.

i plan on getting a new dog soon i think a puppy i love to watch them grow up

i want to use that in my sig ask him if i can please

Latest posts

Back