I love my MS270 with tool less chain adjuster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ross, take your homeowner, tool less, flippy cap chainsaw and drop it off the valley view bridge. Then head out to Ray's Repair and get a husky. I can't be associated with someone that uses that POS of a saw.

I remodeled and added on to my house 8 years ago and installed maintainence free gutters and haven't had a bit of trouble with them.
Well I don't like to argue people's religions with them, and in my experience, maintenance free gutters are a religion :lol:

I've seen every single "maintenance free" gutter system made up to 2012, my neighbor just joined a local maintenance free gutter church after one of their apostles stopped by and gave him a revelation ... that cost about 5 grand :p

Anyway, they DO keep debris from entering the gutter to some degree, some more than others, but the one thing you can bet your last donut on, is that the more debris they keep out, the more rain water they keep out as well.

My neighbor's new space-age gutter system works great though ... as long as the rain isn't stronger than a light drizzle, after that the majority of the water simply runs over the little micro-finned covers.

I'm just a Luddite I guess ... I use the old fashioned ones, and once a year I put the bucket truck up and blow them out with my blower.

:laugh:

Probably the only thing you can do worse on a home's exterior besides getting indoctrinated into the, "Cult of the Gutterhelmet," is to put standing seam metal on the roof. geesh. That's bad news.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Well I took off my homeowner slippers and put on my workboots and broke out my MS260 to cut down a dead elm. It's got bar nuts and side adjust. I had to tighten chain and had to find my scrench. Once tight I made short work of the small dead elm. Keen eyes will notice I have aggressive non safety chain on this baby. Only problem was I dropped the scrench in the snow, now I'll have to use the 270 until spring when the snow melts to find it. :innocent:

Shhh! don't tell my ms270c with tool less adjustment, that it is not a real chainsaw. No problem with adjuster, but the coil did go out. It does not owe me a thing, its cut enough wood to keep my OWB filled for the last ten years! I bought it before I knew the difference of the pro saws.

Latest posts

Back