I made a mistake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do that, but for some reason my boot just don't work on it like it does with my 034. Just not enough room. I can't get my finger past my boot and the trigger guard.

It's so frustrating. And I'm getting to old to fight it.

There is no reason for you to get your finger in there. Once the choke is set, let go of the trigger and your problems will be gone.

Once it starts take your boot out, blip to take it off Hi Idle.

Harry K

There is no reason for you to get your finger in there. Once the choke is set, let go of the trigger and your problems will be gone.

Once it starts take your boot out, blip to take it off Hi Idle.

Harry K

That's what I thought. But then again I could have missed something, so who am I to argue the statement.

I have several had items with the ez start ( no start, maybe if I hold my breath long enough, or just rip the xyz cord out) systems. Heck I had less trouble starting the old AC ( hand crank ) tractor than one of these plastic abominations.

I have several had items with the ez start ( no start, maybe if I hold my breath long enough, or just rip the xyz cord out) systems. Heck I had less trouble starting the old AC ( hand crank ) tractor than one of these plastic abominations.

Yep, that's the way I felt.

Last edited:
Yeah...I don't know what got into Stihl's minds when they made that dumb pull start. Nothing like the old pull starts!

Don't need to have a hand on the trigger.

But you are right, I don't like that easy start system. It is on saws small enough not the need it anyway...

Stihl always sells good, if ya want to upgrade to a real saw. :msp_wink:

:)

When the starter rope is pulled, it's supposed to wind the spring strong enough to turn the engine over. One pull gets you a little burp. It's a convoluted process starting it. You have to have one hand on the trigger, pull the rope with the other, but the third hand to hold it down, I don't have. I've pulled that thing so many time trying to get it to fire, I've gotten dizzy headed.

I had a solo trimmer with the same ez start and I was having the same trouble. I found if you pull the rope out half way then let it retract and pull it out like the guy in the video it gives it a good whirl.

-Jason

Everything I've been advised to do is making it better and better. Yes it works. But the darn book don't tell me that. So till the learned say so, I don't know it.

Latest posts

Back