I Need A Chipper PTO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
O.K., it's time to give you guys a good laugh again. I'm looking for a complete PTO for an Asplundh Whisper Chipper. 1984, I think, Hercules G1600 engine, Rockford model # PTA 41086 TT spring loaded type (automotive style clutch) Would like a whole unit including belt sheave, but would happily consider broken and worn-out parts thereof. I've had my :Eye: out for one, but no luck yet.

David- new from Rockford is only about $1,380. :eek: Lewis has a yard 3 minutes from me, guess where I got this chipper :D

Didn't see any buckets, half a dozen morbarks and bandits with blown engines and one unloved whipper lacking a PTO.

Man those are some beat to $hit pieces of equipt.! They do have some stuff in Va + Md so I might have to take a look:p
I went to an auction in NJ about 5 years ago that had maybe 30 chippers + 50 buckets/other trucks. The chippers were completey trashed + these guys were paying $3000+ up for this junk, unreal. It was a lineclearing co., I think Quaker or something like that? Well at least I got to see a part of Jersey I've never seen before..

Not yet, I still have a perfect view of the flywheel. :D Did a quick driveby of Lewis' yard last Sunday, a Woodchuck with no engine and a Morbark missing some major item, I forget what. Did see a new fleet of bucket trucks, old ones might be going to the Virginia auction?

The disc could probably be purchased locally if I knew the spline size. I have the pressure plate, it's a standard Ford style. The tough parts are the housing and shaft. Housing I would think is a standard #4 S.A.E. , but shaft is probably specific to the engine.

Might have a resouce for you.

Dave,

I just had a bucket truck shipped from Michigan to Northern Illinois by semi. I was talking with the semi driver and he gave me a business card for Stephen Barkwell in Shelby, NC. His email is [email protected] and web site is: www.shelby.net/fes I guess when Asplundh looks to dump their used stuff, they don't just get rid of it piece meal they let it go to people who want it in bulk. This Stephen Barkwell buys it all up, makes a chipper out of 4 junk ones and parts out the rest to other interested parties. I haven't checked him out yet but I'll be going there to look for a used industrial engine for my old Asplundh Whisper Chipper. His phone # is: 704 905-4661. Just tried the web page and it didn't come up. Good Luck in your search...

-The Will Street Druid

Latest posts

Back