I need a full size skid steer, etc. Anybody want to do some equipment trading?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the advantage to having them 2'x8'

For me weight , and stacking full sheets up top , and for us we dread turns on nice lawns anyway , so when we need to make turns we just lay wood wherever we think the tires may touch , and 2 fters carry the back wheels great I mean sometimes you may float just a bit of tread but , mostly I do it for the weight and where we stack them and plus 30 full sheets turn into 60 halves and you can go awhile before you need to pick up and move whats behind the truck , and when we use the cat it makes a nice road for them to , sometimes we just adjust them in tighter to bail the big wood , my cat wouldn't fit on a 4ft sheet ,so we would need buku wood to make a complete road of full sheets

What do you think of that "stump slayer" attachment? Does it work good?

sorry I didn't respond right away. was out of town for a pre-christmas get together at the in laws.

stump slayer worked great for the municipal contract I used it on. ground out about 40 stumps in 5-6 hours which is all the hours it has on it. grinds about as fast as a vermeer 252 which I also have but since it mounts to the mini skid it travels around a whole lot faster and you can go over rough or soft terrain. that's why I bought it. the contract I had was for a large city amusement park spread out over 160 acres. 252 would have taken forever and I had to have something only 36" wide to navigate some of the walking paths. mini skid and slayer was perfect but it's just been sitting around since then.

hey treeclimber101..... I used to do a lot of work in Burlington County back when I had a design/build division, but not anymore...... Was that Tarnsfield?

View attachment 211931 There she is doing work

Do you call taking a tree that has already been lionstailed and cutting off the only remaining limbs under 25' "doing work".. I call it doing damage.. that is bad tree work.. no excuses for that... and nice truck .. a real orange work horse.. should bring 15K for that truck all day long.. especially if the pony motor works..

Do you call taking a tree that has already been lionstailed and cutting off the only remaining limbs under 25' "doing work".. I call it doing damage.. that is bad tree work.. no excuses for that... and nice truck .. a real orange work horse.. should bring 15K for that truck all day long.. especially if the pony motor works..

Lol! Ouch..

Tailed out I think that pony tail of yours is pulled to tight maybe I should of stubbed it out and left gigantic horse ####s all over , or maybe made a video slamming the competition all day , and thanks for the appreciation about the truck , ya sheep ####ing ####... You win that one Murph and may have just sunk my battleship

Last edited:
Lol! Ouch..
Butt out Mr cough, cough, gulp , don't be hating because you be chokin on an oak down by the lake , I will be thinkin of your quivering knees and bad crotch choices as I struggle through my cake day ..... And I say this in all seriousness that tree didn't look like anything
to write on AS about ....Just Kidding do your best buddy thats all you can ask for , or just ask Blakey to do it for ya ...I am just gonna apologize now for that .... After your ###### that ya had last night well ya deserve it............. LOL

Last edited:
Butt out Mr cough, cough, gulp , don't be hating because you be chokin on an oak down by the lake , I will be thinkin of your quivering knees and bad crotch choices as I struggle through my cake day ..... And I say this in all seriousness that tree didn't look like anything
to write on AS about ....Just Kidding do your best buddy thats all you can ask for , or just ask Blakey to do it for ya ...I am just gonna apologize now for that .... After your ###### that ya had last night well ya deserve it............. LOL

And you don't be hating just cuz murph just handed you your fat ass while twirling his pigtails and giggling like a schoolgirl! :laugh:

update

still looking for a full size skid steer loader. SC252 grinder and stump slayer attachment are sold.

I will have a 2004 ditch witch sk500 (24hp honda gas) tracked mini and a toro backhoe attachment available around mid-january. I had sold these two items to Patriot Tree in Denver last spring and Keith asked me if I would buy them back so he could upgrade to one of my 2008 sk650s. The machine ran great when I sold it to Keith and, apparently, he says it runs even better now after he ran it through the shop to replace some wear items. Looking to sell outright or trade with or without attachments.

If anyone in the Denver vicinity is interested, let me know and I will see if I can arrange for you to meet up with keith to take a test drive. Otherwise, we will be making the mini skid swap sometime mid -January and the sk500 will be back in SD.

I need a full size skid steer such as a bobcat s185 with vertical lift path and preferably cab and heat. I could also use a newer bc1800xl chipper and a 35-55hp stump grinder (wheeled, self-propelled). ( I just bought the sc505 machine and have decided it's a bit too big for my purposes. i need to haul it on the same trailer as my mini skid and, to do so, I would have to go to a larger trailer. I don't want to do that so would like a vermeer sc352 or rg50 or something similar.

I have to sell/trade:

2008 ditch witch sk650 mini skid steer with 455 hrs
Attachments including broom, grapple, stump grinder, auger and trencher
2004 vermeer sc252 stump grinder with 480 hrs
2000 vermeer sc505 tracked grinder with 1210 hrs
1999 vermeer bc1800 chipper with 2200 hrs

If someone's interested in doing some bartering, let me know what you have and maybe we can help each other out.

AP

Last edited:
still looking for a vertical lift skid steer with cab and heat...

Not sure what type of money you wanna spend, if you cant find a trade, the Bobcat dealer here has a ton of used stuff, TONS. They hired in a new branch manager, he is a D i c k, all the big construction ops quit going there, now they have a ton of stock and as I understand it, are desperate to make a deal. Rexco Bobcat of the Quad Cities. Check their site, may be able to get something cheap. I wish I knew about before I bought my Case, could a saved some money or bought a bigger machine

F350 Powerstroke Truck, bobcat mt50 and sc252 to sell or trade

I'm still looking for a skid steer (s185 or similar) and have a 2003 bobcat mt50, a 2004 sc252 stump grinder and a 1999 F350 Powerstroke Work Truck to sell or trade. Pics attached if anyone is interested, let me know. View attachment 227568View attachment 227569View attachment 227570View attachment 227571

Besides a skid steer, I would also consider a newer model vermeer 1800 to replace my 99 model.

scott - AP
605-228-9350

Latest posts

Back