I Need a New Desktop Photo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Monkey

Old Monkey

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here are some of my old ones. All of these were taken with my Sony Cyber-shot 3.2 mega pixels. Most of the picts were taken while at work or going to or from work. I am interested in seeing your photos, especially ones that capture the scenery where you live. Mine were all shot in the San Francisco Bay Area.

rivahrat

rivahrat

ArboristSite Operative
great shots.

i love the Oregon one. man i miss living out there. was born in Klamath falls. anyways how bout this shot? its not big timber but it is a most excellent shot. this persimmon tree sits in my front field.

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Very nice pictures indeed. Here's one of a flower I took that was growing on a shrubery.
John
L10.jpg

rbtree

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
This is not my pic, but I shot a nearly identical pic in 1984 or so...this is in the Bugaboos in the Northen Selkirks of BC. We had just done a nice easy 7 or 8 pitch climb of Pigeon Spire. This pic is shot on the descent route, which is an even easier climb... the face we had climbed is a huge slab of only 50-60 degrees or so, so is a cakewalk. But the massif in the background is the famous Howser Towers.

On my next trip to the Bugs a year later, we climbed the 2000 foot 20 pitch "Beckey-Chouinard" West Buttress of the South Howser Tower (the left hand of the three peaks you see) The descent is the east face in this pic, and consists of 7 rappels, the last touches you down on the glacier just after crossing that giant gaping bergschrund. We did this Grade V, 5.10 climb in one day; the last three rappels were in the dark...we weren't sure if our line length would allow us to clear the bergschrund. They did, phew! This fabulous and classic climb was easily the highlight of my 12 year climbing career...which I sadly ended 20 years ago....but now going on 32 in the trees

Last edited: