I need help from you guys.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A few months back I had some saws stolen from the back of my truck. My insurance company will cover it, but they want proof that I own the saws.

The saws I had stolen were a Husy 262xp, Ms880 and a 066(an older square top).
Due to a major computer crash, I lost all my pictures from the last 3 to 4 years.
I've got a few pictures of the 066's and a couple of the 262xp from another computer, but I don't have any of my MS880.

If any of you have pictures of me running these saws I could use them. Especially the 880.

If anyone could post them here or pm me with the pictures that would be great.

I gotten the ones that were posted here by me and others at gtg's, but none of the 880.

I'm hoping someone has some from a gtg or a visit at my place or theirs that they have never posted.

A few months back I had some saws stolen from the back of my truck. My insurance company will cover it, but they want proof that I own the saws.

The saws I had stolen were a Husy 262xp, Ms880 and a 066(an older square top).
Due to a major computer crash, I lost all my pictures from the last 3 to 4 years.
I've got a few pictures of the 066's and a couple of the 262xp from another computer, but I don't have any of my MS880.

If any of you have pictures of me running these saws I could use them. Especially the 880.

If anyone could post them here or pm me with the pictures that would be great.

I was really hoping they would turn up. I wander if your sheriffs dept are still working on it. They really need to check the monthly state pawn shop records for saws sold or pawned. Hope that helps. And good luck with the insurance co. That's a whole different animal. You may find it easier to track down your saws than get them to cough any money up. I sincerely hope not though. GOOD LUCK !!!!

Important pictures & data

I had a hard drive fail once & lost all pictures. I back up important data
to a CD disk now, most all computers have CD/RW or DVD/RW drives.
I know that is like closing the barn door after the horse is gone, but no
need for a repeat.

External hard drives are the way to back up all info...they are super cheap now days...a 2TB drive is only around $125 now...really important info goes on a DVD and into the "fire proof safe". I hope it all works out in your favor. Will want to see pics of the shiny new saws!!! :cheers:

Don't forget the serial #'s

Lowlife scum that steal saws may break in and steal computers too.
Insurance companies & police departments like pictures & #'s too.
The insurance agents have to justify their payouts to the home office
& the more clear information you can give to a police department, the better.
CD's & DVD's are easy to hide, maybe even better @ another location in
case of fire, hurricanes or tornadoes.

Louie, this is all I got thats close. What is that big Stihl behind you in this picture?

attachment.php

The law around here only wants serial numbers, without them you are screwed.

Where/who did you buy the saw from?
Any Stihl entity will have a record...

Police Report is all the proof you need.

I hate to disagree but you are wrong. The police will file a report but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the insurance company, If all you needed was a police report then everytime a home was broken into the theives would make out with $50,000 in cash according to the homeowner.

To get back to your question Banshee I will see what pics I have saved from when I was over in Indiana in 2009 and met up with you

Bill

When I lived at the lake, many of the homes were only occupied on the
weekends during summer.
On the back side of the lake, someone broke in a home and cleaned out
a house, a neighbor got the plate numbers off the truck, so they caught
the guys quickly. They would not give any of the electronics or tools back
because the homeowner did not have any serial numbers, they told him
he could get his stuff back, at the auction.

Latest posts

Back