I need to kiss my firewood guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
for the last 3 years I've used the same guy.. 1st year he screwed up and sold my order and gave me an up grade.. better wood less work.. the last 2 year I've gotten 4-5 cord all maple and birch split in 4' lengths.. all I do is cut it with a saw a maybe split the larger stuff.. the best part is I know I get what I pay for because I pick it up and everyone customer has their own stack.. mine 4 cords all 4 wide I go look it's 4 high and 32 long I'm a happy boy. takes me 4 trips home and I'm happy even though it's a 50km-30(mile) round tripper. This is an man how cuts and maintains his own property plus an older womans property. he cuts what he needs and works his a$$$$$ off.

I`m not sure what prices are in your region but around here you can expect to pat 225-300$ dropped in you yard split.. I pay $120 and I pick it up, BUT keep in minf he spilts it in 4` length.

I always knew that was a good deal,,

BUT tonight I just paid $135 for a cord of CEDAR that were to small to mill but big enough to keep. I`m using them as fence posts for my horses. way overkill but still cheaper then buying pre-made posts.. Keep in mind the smallest one is maybe 6" at the small end.. I'm sick of replacing posts,, going to rent a post hole digger might aswell do them all..

Anyway it made me think if I'm willing to pay 135$ for a cord of cedar.. then $120 for my firewood is pretty good!!

but I will have alot of waste and I'm going way overkill on my posts...

Kiss your firewood guy??

this might be the wrong forum....

hand in man card immediately......

Kiss your firewood guy??

this might be the wrong forum....

hand in man card immediately......

Hey
any 60 year old man that stands on top a 18" piece of birch thats 4' long and splits it with a axe and a maul by hand deserves something. maybe it's not a kiss maybe it's a 5' log spliter,, I can't buy him that. and he won't take my beer , I tried.

your man card and mine might be different. :cheers:

I don't know, but it seems this touchy/feely stuff is getting out of hand. Now that,s not to say fondling that freshly split piece of oak,new axe, new saw, ect. is out of place.

Have your wife kiss him, or maybe your sister...

Latest posts

Back