I painted my chipper, now I need some warning lables and such

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking for a source for new lables for my chipper. I want some reflective tape and some kind of warning or stand clear to go inside the inlet chute. Where to get?

The manufacturer of your chipper should sell replacement decals. It is a really good idea to keep some kind of warning labels on the chipper to show the OSHA lady... I found red/white reflective tape at the auto parts store - I think it is the law to have on the back of a trailer? I have become nervous since they gave me tickets at a truck scale for my 'unsafe' towing of a chipper! They even gave me a breathalizer test at 9 a.m. I blew a .00001

It is a mid 80's Chipmore, so no luck there...

does not matter the brand. most warning labels are a standardized warning anyhow.

contact your nearest chipper dealer, whether it be Bandit, Morbark, etc and just get the labels from a similar sized machine . ie. if your machine is a 12" get the 08(or most current) labels from a Bandit 250xp

Hope that helps and post some pics of your new paint job

does not matter the brand. most warning labels are a standardized warning anyhow.

contact your nearest chipper dealer, whether it be Bandit, Morbark, etc and just get the labels from a similar sized machine . ie. if your machine is a 12" get the 08(or most current) labels from a Bandit 250xp

Hope that helps and post some pics of your new paint job

I will try that, and unfortunately the paint job is not so great. I used safety yellow. I shoulda used Cat yellow as it will not cause sunburn.

I will get one even tho it will cause me embarrassment...

Here, also a shot of the woodpile... Kinda bright...

DSCF3305.jpg

I made safety decals taking pics from internet and laminating them. You could look up web sites that sell decals (that's what I did, there's heaps) or probably find better decals in an online chainsaw/chipper/machinery manual

I made safety decals taking pics from internet and laminating them. You could look up web sites that sell decals (that's what I did, there's heaps) or probably find better decals in an online chainsaw/chipper/machinery manual

How did you affix them to the machine?

I was just making "do not use" tags, but imagine 'no more nails' or a good quality adhesive should work admirably.

Latest posts

Back