I ran an MS210 the other day.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, our forum thinks that the Stihl MS 210 is garbage?

Ridiculous. This is a fine limbing saw. Somebody is losing their marbles. :dizzy:

Hey! Are you guys trying to tell me that I should keep my 1997 Echo CS3900 forever? Interesting...

Not garbage by any means, it's just that for the same weight and size, you could have a 250 for a few bucks more.

Maybe the one you used wasn't running very well? Also I wouldn't want one with all that easy-start and tool-less chain adjust stuff on it. That would give me fits too.

The saw was running like a top. They brought it to me because it wouldn't start. Old gas. They had let it sit three months with cheap gas. New plug, washed out the tank, primed it a bit and she was off. 91 octane with Royal Purple mix. It ran rough for a second or two then took off like a banshee.
But a lot of noise and no cutting! The 170 and 180
s have impressed me more!
Never run a 250, may have to now. I have run a 270, and was less than impressed with it as well. But like I said, I'm picky.

Not garbage by any means, it's just that for the same weight and size, you could have a 250 for a few bucks more.
On the other hand, I could keep my '97 Echo CS 3900, pay nothing, and have a fabulous limbing saw that continues to run flawlessly:
Echo3900.jpg

Why should I buy an MS 210 that is being trashed by this forum when already I have this jack rabbit available at my command? :dizzy:

On the other hand, I could keep my '97 Echo CS 3900, pay nothing, and have a fabulous limbing saw that continues to run flawlessly:
Echo3900.jpg

Why should I buy an MS 210 that is being trashed by this forum when already I have this jack rabbit available at my command? :dizzy:

Why do think you need to get rid of the Echo to buy a MS 210?

We stock the 180, 210 and 270, skipping the 170, 230 and 250.
And we sell a lot the 210 - a favorite with the "english optional" "professional landcapers".

BUT... we DO NOT stock the "uneasy start" version.... PITA....

Why do think you need to get rid of the Echo to buy an MS 210?
I don't. But everybody around here thinks that Echo's are trash and Stihl, Husky, and Dolmar walk on water. However, this saw continues to kick butt after 11 years. Always starts, always runs, never breaks down, and cuts like a bandit.

p.s. Echo blew it. They stopped making this saw about 8 years ago. :chainsaw:

I don't. But everybody around here thinks that Echo's are trash and Stihl, Husky, and Dolmar walk on water. However, this saw continues to kick butt after 11 years. Always starts, always runs, never breaks down, and cuts like a bandit.

p.s. Echo blew it. They stopped making this saw about 8 years ago. :chainsaw:

Ah, who cares? There are people on here that think my Shindaiwa 488 is an pig as far as performance goes, but I don't care, I like it. I would keep the Echo if I were you.

You like the Echo, and it does what you want it to do right? Who the h$ll cares what I think about it? Run it like you stole it!

Ah, who cares? There are people on here that think my Shindaiwa 488 is an pig as far as performance goes, but I don't care, I like it. I would keep the Echo if I were you.
Hooray! :greenchainsaw:
That's precisely my intention--until this great saw says, "Edwin, I've had enough and save me from all of these experts who say that I'm a piece of junk. I'll go quietly, but remember that I'm proud to have served my owner for all of these years."

Hmm, I never would have thought that. You like the 350, but you don't like the 346? Just seems odd to me.

Yeah, I LOVE the 350!!! I thought the 346 would be the cats meow. Bought one, hated it, modded it, still not happy, modded it more, still not happy. Did the same mods to the 350, it runs like a scalded ape!! HMMMMMMM, I can buy two 350's for the same price and make them run better with a few hours of work?
It didn't take long to re-sell that saw.
Oddly enough the new owner loves it and swears to me that it runs just a hair behind another 346 built by another known builder.

Echo3900.jpg

Ah yes.....the venerable "Power Horse," of Northern Tool fame......
sorry, I couldn't resist,:laugh:

Back