I scored a Pioneer 620.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help, I would have never guessed the carb was that common. Where is the 3/8 drive sprokets avaliable at? I would like to switch out to 3/8seeing how I have about 30+ chains in that size. I'll see what I can find for bars thanks again:cheers:

There is a fellow over in Vermont that has a bunch of them, I can send you a PM with his addy if you need it. Let me know.
Pioneerguy600

Very nice!!! Good to see it being used milling!! Does it seem to do good for milling?

Where do you find carb kits and such for them? How are the points to adjust, is there a window in the flywheel for access? I'm finding myself wanting to tinker more with it now that I've ran it!!! In a way I wish it didn't run so I could just call it what it is and put it on a shelf:)

It does pretty good milling, it chugs right thru, not much seems to slow down the 102cc torque monster (I only have a 22" bar, if I had a bigger bar I might be able to bog it). I got my carb kit off ebay, it was like 8 bucks. Never adjusted the points.

Not soon enough.... You might want to keep a close eye on your new treasure.... It might grow some legs. On the other hand you do owe me $30 for your half of the Kubota motor..... HMMMMMM How much did you pay for the saw? :chainsaw:

Not soon enough.... You might want to keep a close eye on your new treasure.... It might grow some legs. On the other hand you do owe me $30 for your half of the Kubota motor..... HMMMMMM How much did you pay for the saw? :chainsaw:

LOL, I'll make sure I make it to the bank:)

Very nice Pioneer, what a steal! The 620's my favorite of the older ones. There's lots of good info over on the Pioneer thread if you're interested.

Very nice Pioneer, what a steal! The 620's my favorite of the older ones. There's lots of good info over on the Pioneer thread if you're interested.

Yeah that thread is a big one!!! I've read bits and pieces of it already. I'll have to post pics of it cleaned up it actually cleaned up very nicely:)

Pioneer S620 cutting out when I give it gas???

I put in new spark plug and cleaned carb out but seems to bog down and die when I give it gas? I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Also on the gas cap it says to mix oil:gas 16:1 but I have been using 50:1 could this be the problem?

I put in new spark plug and cleaned carb out but seems to bog down and die when I give it gas? I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Also on the gas cap it says to mix oil:gas 16:1 but I have been using 50:1 could this be the problem?

You probably need to rebuild your carburetor and fuel system.

Latest posts

Back