I think the dog approves....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Weimaraner actually lays on the hearth with head under the stove. :dizzy: :givebeer:

Do me a favor too, keep close tabs on those drapes.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I even lay my pair of fire resistant gloves over the stack of fire wood that's next to the stove. That fire wood is 2' from the fire box but it still get's amazingly hot (w/o gloves insulating it).

I'm another amazed dog owner who can't figure out the pooch. He'll pant and pace and gesture towards the door (he wants out of the hot house) until we let him out. Stays out, prefers the cold. But if he lays down in front of that box, he stays there.:dizzy: He's hot to the touch and I have to make him move.

I had a half Aussie half Border Collie. Dog was much smarter than the X. It used to herd my cats.

Yup, looks like the stove is an appreciated addition!

Our dogs (and the cat that doesn't live upstairs) love the fireplace. I don't know how they stand the heat, though. The black pug gets so hot that he's actually dizzy when he stands up and wobbles off like he's drunk, to drink water to cool back down a bit...then he's right back in front of the fire. Go figure.

Gotta love it! The cat sleeps in front of the stove until I'm sure he's about to ignite. You can pick him up and he's just like a rag...won't even wake up until he misses his hot spot.

Yeah...the tiles by the floor can be uncomfortable to my bare feet due to radiant heat, there could be a 6" bed of coals and the stove pipe is reading 700º...and Jake will lay there with his head and three paws UNDER the stove. How he gets up with burning himself, I don't know.

Oscar seems more fascinated by watching the fire burn when the door is open.

Back