• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WCS 3 point dogs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Andrew here with a question.Does anybody have WCS 3 point dogs?I really wanna get them one day.Right now i do have Stihl stock double dogs on my 362 but they are kinda small and the fact that they a rounded at the bottom is kinda annoying mainly because when you lift the bars nose up to continue you cut they slide you down the log like hell.I know this is supposed to be smth helpful but i really annoys me.But im kinda concerd about the size of the dogs so if anybody has them on their 362,400c or even any other saw with double dogs pls give a picture or 2 so i can make an idea on how big they really are.

Thanks in advance!:reading:

Andrew here with a question.Does anybody have WCS 3 point dogs?I really wanna get them one day.Right now i do have Stihl stock double dogs on my 362 but they are kinda small and the fact that they a rounded at the bottom is kinda annoying mainly because when you lift the bars nose up to continue you cut they slide you down the log like hell.I know this is supposed to be smth helpful but i really annoys me.But im kinda concerd about the size of the dogs so if anybody has them on their 362,400c or even any other saw with double dogs pls give a picture or 2 so i can make an idea on how big they really are.

Thanks in advance!:reading:
Can't help you with pix. Not sure on WCS prices.
https://eganperformancesaws.com/search?q=dawgs&options[prefix]=last

This is my CS-600P with WCS dogs. Was kinda on the fence about buying them but after the first few cuts I was happy. They stick really good and the center spikes are aligned with the lower rail of the bar which gives the saw a nice “self cutting” action if that makes sense. I like them.
IMG_0020.jpeg

I have a set for my ms400, they were one for 1 cutting session and took them back off. Just hog too much bar space and really arnt needed for the type of trees we have around here. The do look cool. I have another set of 4 points on the 394xp, but they come off if it's going in the mill, and 36" and 42" bars for it, you don't notice missing a few inches of var space like you do on a 20-24" bar. You can see it front and center in the pic below.

Attachments

• 20150502_210523.jpg
    20150502_210523.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I am running a set on a 660. Agreed it does take up some bar real estate but you can sight your bar really well.

Like Sean said above, the three point dogs take up too much bar length. I don't cut anything with thick bark either. I did bling up an Echo 3510 with a single 3 point dog I bought for my 2511t.
I bought a set for my Stihl 462C-M and they are in the Stihl parts bag. I haven't needed more than a 25 inch bar but sometimes need all of that length.
I think the WCS dogs are well made and like that the middle prong is in line with the chain, but not that I have to buy a longer bar to use them. That's no fault of WCS, just a fact of my saw usage.

i run them on my 362cm in ponderosa pine a lot they help a good amount! dont have any pics i can get one later after work.
Here is a 20” bar with that yellow mark is at 16”

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpeg
    IMG_0616.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I have the pro safety dogs on my ms460, I would take them off if I planned to run a 20" or smaller bar because they extend out so far. That being said I love them for the extra bite reach in thick bark, angled crotch cuts or simply setting the saw down on a log you just jam them in so they hold the saw.

Wow they are really big.Out of that 20" bar they pretty much leave you around 18"-19" of bar left.
Yeah if your not in thick bark the factory ones work well, i still have them somewhere if your interested they are the full wrap dual dogs. Its all ponderosa here so i swapped them

I have the pro safety dogs on my ms460, I would take them off if I planned to run a 20" or smaller bar because they extend out so far. That being said I love them for the extra bite reach in thick bark, angled crotch cuts or simply setting the saw down on a log you just jam them in so they hold the saw.
I run long bars typically so not a problem

Attachments

• MS661R - Copy.jpeg
    MS661R - Copy.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I put them on my 500i. It took a little while to get used to them and now I don't know what I'd do without them. Great for lining up felling cuts, dogging into rough bark, flush cutting stumps, and putting holes in work gloves and hands if not careful. This is a 32" bar but I don't go any smaller than 25" on this saw. My 361 is used for 20" and smaller bars and still has the stock dogs. I wouldn't mind a better set for the 361 but I don't need them to be as aggressive as the WCS ones.

WCS_3-point.jpg

I put them on my 500i. It took a little while to get used to them and now I don't know what I'd do without them. Great for lining up felling cuts, dogging into rough bark, flush cutting stumps, and putting holes in work gloves and hands if not careful. This is a 32" bar but I don't go any smaller than 25" on this saw. My 361 is used for 20" and smaller bars and still has the stock dogs. I wouldn't mind a better set for the 361 but I don't need them to be as aggressive as the WCS ones.

lol...I've put a few holes in my pats with the WCS dogs. Those things are SHARP.

Mine are also on my 500i and they're great. But definitely be careful with them.

Back