What upgrades should i do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello there, dear people of the arboristsites.com . I'm Andrew and i saved up some money and since i also got that exchange from school now i can get some extra cash. So i got a dilemma, that being that i really want to make some upgrades for my 362 and to be honest i really don't know what to get first.
Here are the options:
-full wrap handle
-wcs 3 point dogs
-ebay dogs
-bark box.
To be honest i would want the full wrap handle first as i got a 20" inch bar and i have a feeling that the full-wrap handle will help me handle the saw better and give it more balance as it would add little more weigh on the power head since the saw is pretty nose heavy right now.
What do you guys think?:chop:

I prefer the 3/4 or Full wrap myself. On a mid-sized saw like the 362 it's not such a priority. We did change all of our 36x saws at work to 3/4 wraps.

A second vote for the Egan Performance cover, if you desire than aftermarket cover. Thicker material, better welds. Just better quality. I have it on my ported 036, it's a nice piece.

I prefer the 3/4 or Full wrap myself. On a mid-sized saw like the 362 it's not such a priority. We did change all of our 36x saws at work to 3/4 wraps.

A second vote for the Egan Performance cover, if you desire than aftermarket cover. Thicker material, better welds. Just better quality. I have it on my ported 036, it's a nice piece.
Thanks for the advice. But...1st i would prefer a full wrap handle due to the fact that in the near future i might be required to fell tree in some pretty rough terrain which i visited and tell you what? No way you can go to the other side of the tree to finish the cut.
And 2, i would get stuff from egan performance but the shipping seems way to expensive for me but il wee what i can do;)
Also even thou i said that i consider getting a bark box, my saw is not m-tronic meaning il have to either mess with the carb myself or pay extra money so my dealer will do it..Or atleast thats what WCS says because i don't really know why you should tune your saw after you put a muffler cover on it🤷‍♂️

Allright! Finally, a answer to this question, now another question... could my dealer tune it up for me or??

if this is your 1 saw plan saw, I would get a few spare chains and stock up a couple extra jugs of bar and mix oil before anything.
Don't worry i have 2 other saw's a china top handle 25cc and a 38 cc husqvarna , both muffler moded
And i have plenty of mix oil and bar oil got like 1 l of mix oil and 5 litre's of chain oil

Allright! Finally, a answer to this question, now another question... could my dealer tune it up for me or??
Of course. It's a pretty simple task. Most regular users can do it. But with your stated level of experience, probably best left to them, assuming they do any service work. And then, they may not touch modified saws. I suspect my closest dealer would not, but I know a couple.that would.

Stick to what you NEED and you will be better served, put the rest in the bank
Im in high-school right now and my profile is a economic one and im supposed to become an accountant. Trust me, i know how to manage my money;):pingpong:

Hello there, dear people of the arboristsites.com . I'm Andrew and i saved up some money and since i also got that exchange from school now i can get some extra cash. So i got a dilemma, that being that i really want to make some upgrades for my 362 and to be honest i really don't know what to get first.
Here are the options:
-full wrap handle
-wcs 3 point dogs
-ebay dogs
-bark box.
To be honest i would want the full wrap handle first as i got a 20" inch bar and i have a feeling that the full-wrap handle will help me handle the saw better and give it more balance as it would add little more weigh on the power head since the saw is pretty nose heavy right now.
What do you guys think?:chop:

I wouldn't bother with a full wrap saw on any saw unless you were using it exclusively for forestry purposes like logging or fire clearance. A 362 isn't that big a saw anyway, you should still be able to set that saw on any position of the tree.

The full wrap handles are usually considered a disadvantage, since they get in the way for making cuts in many situations, particularly close to the ground. The only advantage that they offer is the ability to easily heft the saw on the "clutch up" side of the saw.

Better dogs are much better investment, if you are doing forestry work, anyway. They are pretty much essential for certain types of cut, like the Humboldt.

I don't know what a bark box is, so I cannot advise on that.

That is quite a long answer and i gotta admit. You got a good point about the full wrap handle and since the only reason i bought this saw for was for my future summer job as im gonna go with my uncle in the woods and become a logger for the summer alongside him, so you're right...now that i think about it i should fix my focus to getting a light bar to reduce the overall weigh of the saw and get better dogs to help me with me notches as i plan to learn the humbolt. 🫰

I wouldn't bother with a full wrap saw on any saw unless you were using it exclusively for forestry purposes like logging or fire clearance. A 362 isn't that big a saw anyway, you should still be able to set that saw on any position of the tree.

The full wrap handles are usually considered a disadvantage, since they get in the way for making cuts in many situations, particularly close to the ground. The only advantage that they offer is the ability to easily heft the saw on the "clutch up" side of the saw.

Better dogs are much better investment, if you are doing forestry work, anyway. They are pretty much essential for certain types of cut, like the Humboldt.

I don't know what a bark box is, so I cannot advise on that.
To be honest the best things i could think about right now would be: a 25 inch light bar because why not? and some WCS 3 point dogs

Those beat the hell out of the threads in the case, he should start telling people to use time serts, if the screws get even the slightest bit loose they hammer the threads out from the bolts in the case.

I've never seen a bark box be any less quality and I've watched 2 of them for 3 years get used 4-6 days a week.

If it were me, I wouldn't do any of the things you list!
- full wrap handle - adds weight and only really needed for felling
- big dogs - Its better for your saw to cut under its own weight, except maybe if felling big west coast US trees.

First I'd try adding a smaller bar and chain. Going from 20 inch bar to say a 16 or 18 should really wake up a 362.

To be honest the best things i could think about right now would be: a 25 inch light bar because why not? and some WCS 3 point dogs
I have a 25" bar on my ported 036. It is less bending for an old guy and it was hanging on the wall when I got the saw back from being ported. If I were buying a new bar I would have probably gone with a 20" or 22".

If it were me, I wouldn't do any of the things you list!
- full wrap handle - adds weight and only really needed for felling
- big dogs - Its better for your saw to cut under its own weight, except maybe if felling big west coast US trees.

First I'd try adding a smaller bar and chain. Going from 20 inch bar to say a 16 or 18 should really wake up a 362.
You got a point there. But a also have 16 and 18 inch bars besides the 20 inch one. I just like the 20 better because im quite tall and its helping my back :) even thou im only 16 im like 6.1".

Latest posts

Back