New to me, Dayton 2Z463

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelonBoi1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have recently acquired a Dayton 2Z463, and I have got it running but have some questions.

But first I would like to explain what I did to it.

Pretty standard stuff, fuel lines carb kit, but what I did notice it that when I took off the top half of the gas tank there was this really jiggly jelly like blue substance spread out around the bottom, it was also in the channel that the cork gasket would go in, this indicated to me that the saw had been tinkered with before, which honestly is surprising because this saw was in amazing condition, I mean AMAZING, but getting the blue jelly stuff out of the groove was a nightmare but I got it, put a new tank gasket on it and it ran! I have yet to fine tune it, but I just want to know what I should be concerned about, if anything, I am aware of the foamy thing in between the handle/gas tank but I can't find it. And I would like to know how to decode the serial number on this to find out when it was made.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ddfs.jpg
    ddfs.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • dayton.jpg
    dayton.jpg