I thought this would be good for some Sunday chatter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I figure you guys would like to see this. As a few of you know I work out of town.. where we rent our crew quarters, there are some cottonwoods with a bunch of dead limbs on them. After numerous calls from us and, apparently, one from the City, the landlord sent one of his underlings over to "trim the trees."

This is what we got.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i368.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid368.photobucket.com/albums/oo129/andrethegiant70/100_2778.flv">

Wow, put him up for the darwin awards. Filed/burned his way through the limb, hit the house (pretty hard from the looks) and hit the ladder he was standing on...brilliant!!!

OMG:jawdrop:

Never underestimate the STUPID!! That guy is so lucky he didn't end up on his head after that huge limb hit that ladder!!! Unbelievable.

And I suppose the guy thought he had done a great job ! Sounds and looks like his saw had been to the dentist to have most of the teeth removed !!
Did the roof get damaged ? It's this sort of carry on that really gets my goat since it leads to someone else thinking they can do a job like that instead of using a qualified or at least an experienced person.
It did make me laugh !!

I expected after hacking for 30 seconds .. The whole tree was going to fall.. Not just a branch.. LOL

I have to say, I feel some guilt. I told the guy.. and I quote.. "I'm not at all happy with what you're about to do." I also asked him what was wrong with his boss that he thought this was ok. He had no idea what I was talking about. His comment was "ye of little faith."

You can imagine the responses I considered. In retrospect, I wonder if I just should have forbid him to do it. It's not my property, so I didn't feel very empowered, but I'm not sure I shouldn't have tried it anyways. I think I might do that next time if the opportunity arises.

OMG:jawdrop:

Never underestimate the STUPID!! That guy is so lucky he didn't end up on his head after that huge limb hit that ladder!!! Unbelievable.

:agree2: What a dumb:censored::censored:!!

From the looks of it - stretched out on the ladder like that - was he sawing one handed too!??

Back