I Want a BEAST of a Firewood saw made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw_Maniac

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I use my unmodified Stihl 066 Arctic to cut a few hundred cord of wood a year. Actually, I did drill some holes in the muffler cap, but that's not the point.

I want a BEAST of a firewood saw – something which will strike fear into the heart of mother nature as I rape and pillage the forest.

This saw needs to be over 85 cc. I want a saw which will be reliable over the long term. The goal is for it to have the greatest possible power in the end. I am considering an MS 660 or a Husqvarna 395xp, but I will consider anything that ports well regardless of brand. I might even consider going to the maximum with an MS 880 or 3120xp.

Which saw benefits the most from modification, producing an overall beat of a work saw?

How much would I expect to pay for such a saw?

Who will do the modding?

I use my unmodified Stihl 066 Arctic to cut a few hundred cord of wood a year. Actually, I did drill some holes in the muffler cap, but that's not the point.

I want a BEAST of a firewood saw – something which will strike fear into the heart of mother nature as I rape and pillage the forest.

This saw needs to be over 85 cc. I want a saw which will be reliable over the long term. The goal is for it to have the greatest possible power in the end. I am considering an MS 660 or a Husqvarna 395xp, but I will consider anything that ports well regardless of brand. I might even consider going to the maximum with an MS 880 or 3120xp.

Which saw benefits the most from modification, producing an overall beat of a work saw?

How much would I expect to pay for such a saw?

Who will do the modding?
Memeber tree monkey builds a great 660 or 395 and have shown to be very reliable a full port job runs 250

Check out that snellerized 390xp he just did it is a beast! The simonizer did my 385xpnew and I can't find another saw that can keep up with it

But if your cutting that many cords a year I would say get a simonized 372 for the tiny bit of power you will give. Up over a modded 390 or 395 you will gain in lightness of the saw and maneuverability. Just my 2 cents

If you actually plan on useing the saw all day then another vote for the modded 372. If you want a showpiece to cut cookies then go bigger or you plan on falling 36"+ trees all day. To be 100% honest my 390 maybe sees 20 tanks of fuel a year. I could get by with the 372 but the 390 pulls the longer bars better. CJ

original 056 mag in various trim heavy , but it twas thee saw .. you must be in seriously large wood . you do not look that large of a guy, id be lookin seriously light weight 12-14 pounds getting that to around 70 ish cc full or halfed RSLF chain square or round ground should be helluva beast that one can really hold all day .. id rather the 5 plus pound saving over the 70-85 cc difference but that's me . can be made up for near nothing , what the op asked for would cost thousand plus ..

Latest posts

Back