I Want To Thank chipper 1,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
For stopping over yesterday! He came by with some logs on his trailer and added to my firewood stash, by giving me this red oak,

standard.jpg

That was very kind of him!

He also had another really nice straight 8' red oak, that I didn't measure, but it must have been close to 30". I picked that one up and moved it to my BSM, where we milled it into some REALLY nice boards/siding for his wood shed! He had a nice load of lumber when he left! (maybe he will post a pict. of it here ?, so you can see all the lumber we milled out of his log.)

Anyway, he has another shorter red oak here yet, and we plan to mill the rest of the lumber he needs when he comes back, as he has a few more logs to bring by at a later date.

Thanks again chipper 1, it was nice to meet, and work with you!

SR

I must say I had a great time up on the hill with Rob. What a location far enough out, but not to far.
Thanks for inviting me out, good to get to know others in person from AS.
I also met two other members here this week out on a clearing job they were working at.
Here's a few pictures of what we started with that day. The log on Rob's pile is the one on the tail of the trailer 9'. The one we milled 8' is behind the larger one 6'. The trailer is a 20' for size reference and the sides about 14".
He must have burned those two nice chunks on the front already so they didn't get added to the pile;).
20160318_214138.jpg20160318_214056.jpg20160320_195118.jpg20160320_195152.jpg
The picture above is the 48 boards( I think will check later). Looked like the equivalent of 8-4'×8' sheets of plywood which is just over what I need for the sides of the woodshed:).

You can't sell it, UNTIL you bring me some more logs! lol

AND pick up your sun glass'. :)

SR
Well I have others now too, at least for a bit lol.
I just got my suburban back on the Rd two Fridays ago, so I can surely bring a couple up there for you. Got the sassafras and a red oak log sitting here still for you :).

Latest posts

Back