I will get a photo one day...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Jake the Dalmatian was just laying by the woodstove, 500º on the flue and I can feel the heat radiating 10' away at my desk.

Well, "laying by" is the right word. His head and two front paws were under the stove. Not sort of under...from snout to ears were under the stove. How he positions himself sometimes without getting burned is beyond me.

He can lay there for 20 minutes, but soon as he hears me turn on the digital camera and scoots out and wants to ham for a photograph. Grrrrr.

Oh well, house is getting warm, I slept a little too soundly last night and it was in the teens outside. I'll take a shower soon, then it's time to go play in the woodlot!

I have a Kitten that likes to lay infront of the woodstove, when I get home from work (and the fire is out) she runs over there to help me load it so she can get her lounging spot back. She LOVES Looking into the firebox while the doors are open, I'm sometimes affraid she'll just bolt into it....

my lab gets curious when i load the furnace and also tries to stick its head in the firebox while im turned around reaching for a split ,dumb mutt :dizzy:

My dog used to set her butt on the hearth in front of our woodstove and sit there for the longest time. I never figured how she could get so close and not get burned. One day she walked away kind of hitching her butt a little bit and I thought it was a bit odd the way she was walking. A minute or two later I could smell burn dog hair. I checked her haunch and lots of hairs were curled and singed. :)

She did not sit so close after that.

i read on one of these firewood forums that some guys dog that lays around the was stove was always really hot to the touch on his coat ,one day the owner got out one of those handheld infrared temp gauge and got a reading of 155 degrees on his pooch,im pretty sure drywall is not even allowed to get that hot for the fear of combustion according to code lol

i read on one of these firewood forums that some guys dog that lays around the was stove was always really hot to the touch on his coat ,one day the owner got out one of those handheld infrared temp gauge and got a reading of 155 degrees on his pooch,im pretty sure drywall is not even allowed to get that hot for the fear of combustion according to code lol

Now that is a cleaver idea. I need to check out the fur temp of my dog when he is laying in the sun. His black fur gets pretty darn hot. He loves the gas fireplace in our kitchen so I will also have to check his fur when it is sucking up the heat from that.

I'd love to see pics when you get them! We had 3 & are down to 2 but, I love my Dalmations!

My dog doesn't really care to lay close to the stove but whenever I add wood to it she will carry wood from the wood rack to the stove for me. I get a piece from the woodrack, carry it to the stove, put it in, turn around to get another and she is standing beside me with a piece of wood in her mouth. I put that piece in, turn around and there she is with another piece. When the stove is full, I tell her "no more" and she walks away from the stove and lays down where she can still watch me. If I could only teach her to stack wood off of the splitter I would have it made.

Its The Place To Be At The Ductape Residence.........

Max001.jpg

Latest posts

Back