Ice storm Pics...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy dooleys, that was great, and you can stick it living there.

That'd have to wreck ya car wouldn't it?

How do you open the door?

Those are some crazy pics. There'd be quite a run on rock salt a the local HomeDepot after an event like that. I know how much trouble even a quarter inch of ice can cause, so I can't imagine what a mess that must have been.

our own icestorm

back in 1998, the adirondacks in NY along with Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire were hit with such a bad ice storm that our schools were closed for a month...no joke...we are still cleaning up debris, broken trees, and fixing houses because of it....power was out for weeks, and generators sold like hotcakes and were rare for a few weeks as well....many people wished they burned wood then....here are some pics of the 1998 ice storm in the adirondack mountains..NY. Our NY governor gave us $5.4 million in disaster assistance....and we still needed more....there were a lot of men out there with chainsaws and wood trailers that month!

Ice and snow really stuff trees up.

Must be a bugger working in it or climbing frozen trees?

We had one in '03 here. no power for 14 days. at least we had water, can go without electricity!
-Ralph
more pics: http://www.bright.net/~tech1/ice2003/index.htm

MVC-009F.JPG

Thanks for reminding me why I moved to Queensland. I can still remember being stuck at home for a number of days when the Blizzard of '78 hit New Hampshire, now when we get a frost here I'm the first to get the wood stove going!

Great pics, the last and only ice storm I remember happend in 1991-1992,it was caused by severe frosts, trees,electric cables etc were coated with 1/2-1 inch of ice for near on 2 weeks,temprtures went down to -12c

begleytree said:
We had one in '03 here. no power for 14 days. at least we had water, can go without electricity!
-Ralph
more pics: http://www.bright.net/~tech1/ice2003/index.htm

MVC-009F.JPG

03 and 04 were bad here. i work for a generator company and we had a lot of long hours. Some were out of power for 3 weeks. I only lost power for about 5 minutes, but wasn't at home.. Work a lot of 24-27 hour days that week!

04 was the week of thanksgiving. missed all of the Thangsgiving meals and then another big storm right before christmas...worked xmas eve and xmas day. That was a rough year for sure.

When I wasn't working my job, it was helping friends and family clean up the roads, houses, etc. And i still ask myself what keeps me here in northern Ohio. LOL.

Latest posts

Back