icicle hitch ,tell me how it performs for you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeweight

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have only tied this hitch on the ground ,rope over a limb ,i like to learn every hitch i can,i found this hitch can get REALLY tight but it is a interesting hitch IMO ,my hitches used most are blakes an open schwabish ,at the begining it was tautline

just curious of what u guys think of the icecicle

Last edited:
i used the 4 wrap ,wasnt in work situation juswt a short climb to see how it would grab ,it grabbed ,but found when ascending after descending the damn thing was really tight,seems like it wouldnt roll out very easily,but think i would use this before the tautline anyday

Here is a better pic:

Icicle.jpg

I ride on that hitch on a regular basis. I like it, but as others have stated, it does get a bit tight at times. Still better than a blakes or tautline for me.

I ride on that hitch on a regular basis. I like it, but as others have stated, it does get a bit tight at times. Still better than a blakes or tautline for me.

Bull! That hitch is crap! A taut-line can be made personal. You learn by using something so much that you eventually find out where and when the kinks come in. When I was 5'11" and 165lbs, I climbed only on a taut-line. I personalized it to one over and two under and went on to rock and roll. You must be a :newbie:. Cool, all is good.
Jeff :D

I guess it is hard to get a feel for a persons tone when they are typing, so I'm guessing by your use of smileys that your joking. I suppose next to guys who have been doing this 30 years someone who has been at this for "just" 8 years is a noob.

I guess it is hard to get a feel for a persons tone when they are typing, so I'm guessing by your use of smileys that your joking. I suppose next to guys who have been doing this 30 years someone who has been at this for "just" 8 years is a noob.

Ah, it's ok. Just busting your balls and yeah I do think noob. Don't hate me because I say my mind, just hate me cause I say my mind. :laugh::laugh:
Jeff:D
More smiley's!!!

Back