ID this chipper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd suggest (quite venomously) you get someone with experience in operating / repairing a chuck 'n swear to look over that mangler as it may need some pricey repairs to make it operable / mechanically fit.

That's an old Asplundh, 70's or early 80's. This one has round fender, they were either replaced or its a very early model. Should be a Ford 300 L6 engine. You need to be sure you can get the blades out. Anytime I see an old chipper that has been sitting I worry about be able to get the blades out and that the adjustment bolts are useable. Here's a pic of a 73 I sold a while back. It only had 100 hours on it.
View attachment 272745

No, No and No

Never buy that, ever, unless you don't like the skin on your face or knuckles... That is an outdated and dangerous machine that should remain as scrap, people can't even give those away up here anymore.

Nonsense! I'v owned and operated more chippers then anyone on the planet. Chuck-n-duks have their place and if you are smart and careful they are safe enough. And if you look at cost x production they do very well. So if you want to chip large piles of brush but only have $5000 or less for a chipper, its your best bet.

Nonsense! I'v owned and operated more chippers then anyone on the planet. Chuck-n-duks have their place and if you are smart and careful they are safe enough. And if you look at cost x production they do very well. So if you want to chip large piles of brush but only have $5000 or less for a chipper, its your best bet.

I only paid $5300 for my 85 morbark 200 chipper. There is other chippers out there for the same money that arent chuck and ducks.

Latest posts

Back