ID this Pioneer Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
0660_1.JPG

0744_1.JPG

Just picked this up off of Ebay for $25. Anybody have any idea what model it is? I am guessing that it is at least a P40, am I close?

That be a P41, 4 cubic inches. Damn good saw, I limbed and bucked a lot with that saw on a small private job, lots of power anmd decent balance for a fairly old saw. Those old Pioneers a tad slow on chain speed but absolute beasts on the torque (60 series). Plus it will probably live longer than any saw I could ever think of...those things just go and go. They sound Sweet too. Where did you get it?

Last edited:
That be a P41, 4 cubic inches. Damn good saw, I limbed and bucked a lot with that saw on a small private job, lots of power anmd decent balance for a fairly old saw. Those old Pioneers a tad slow on chain speed but absolute beasts on the torque (60 series). Plus it will probably live longer than any saw I could ever think of...those things just go and go. They sound Sweet too. Where did you get it?

Thanks, guy had it on Ebay with buy it now of 24.95. Didn't wait to get snatch it up. Hope to have it next week. :clap:

Watch for the muffler on the side! I burned the hell out of my arm!!! BUT....they are very helpful for blowing dirt off a log before you cut, since the exhuast comes out the side. You'll see what I mean when you get your saw. You just hold it up to where the dirt is and open the throttle.

Back