IDEA...owb mounted in pickup- steam power

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well all you genious's who's gonna invent the wood powered pickup, just remember me when your a bazillionare .lets here the ideas

You ever read about these new plastics (or maybe it was rubber?) that change shape when an electrical current is put through them? Well, anyways...that's your answer to an electric car/truck that actually has torgue. Replace the piston with a cylinder of the magic stuff...and heck...you could even retrofit it. Use the existing ignition system and swap out the pistons, remove/fix the camshaft.

A guy my buddy works with makes his own diesel from oil he buys at mcdonalds. I think he said it costs him $0.10 a gallon!!!! I have no clue how its done. (Must be nice to be a mechanical engineer!)

I could just see you tieing up traffic loading wood into firebox and angry people blowing horns. Or jacka$$ not knowing how to operate one and blowing it up scalding all around. I wouldnt mind doing it but wouldnt want others doing it.:)

an 8 inch smoke stack belching out red oak crusing down the pike at 65 ..(cords per gallon) would be a cool and we would all be gas stations

IDEA...owb mounted in pickup- steam power

i know this was all in jest, but.....an OWB doesn't operate under the principals of steam. therefore, no pressure is produced to create energy.

you'd have to make a contraption that would be similar to an old steam engine.

HIJACK....Not a steam vehicle, but I had an idea just last night about mounting a turbine of some sort in the stack of your OWB to create electricity in some amount. Not sure if there is enough air moving, and when it's not caling for heat things could get a litle slow. After a couple of beers it sounds like a lot better idea...../HIJACK

A guy my buddy works with makes his own diesel from oil he buys at mcdonalds. I think he said it costs him $0.10 a gallon!!!! I have no clue how its done. (Must be nice to be a mechanical engineer!)

biodiesel, its really easy. used vegie oil, mix with methyl alchohol and then blend them. when the 2 liquids seperate you will have biodiesel and glycerin. you then scoop away all of the glycerin and use the diesel.

HIJACK....Not a steam vehicle, but I had an idea just last night about mounting a turbine of some sort in the stack of your OWB to create electricity in some amount. Not sure if there is enough air moving, and when it's not caling for heat things could get a litle slow. After a couple of beers it sounds like a lot better idea...../HIJACK

lol....i'll bet it did sound alot better.

unfortunately, you need force to turn a turbine.

There was a guy that lived near my family in the 1970's. He had a truck that ran off of wood. I don't know exactly how it worked but I don't think that it was steam.

During WWII numerous cars and lots of farm equipment were produced to run using wood for power. Burning wood produces a gas similar to methane known as syn-gas. It is the same principal that "gasification" wood burning stoves use.

Back