identify coils

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I purchased 4 coils off ebay, supposed to be for 268, 272. How do i identify them, they have a EM and a 102 stamped in the plastic. They don't fit 268, 272, 372, 288.

I own 4 Huskies and they all use the same ignition module, and that one ain't it! I know that some here should be able to ID it for you. I would add another view of it. You also might go through ipl's for older saws and try to match up yours.

Urbicide, thanks for the help. I found that i am the problem and not the parts. Went back and tried a 268 and 272 case and it fit both, i had picked up a 61 case before.

The 268/272 do not use the same coil as the 365/372

Also as you discovered the 61 also is different than the 268/272

I purchased 4 coils off ebay, supposed to be for 268, 272. How do i identify them, they have a EM and a 102 stamped in the plastic. They don't fit 268, 272, 372, 288.

What is the fit problem? Mounting? Clearance?

Never mind, I should read more before I post, LOL.... I was gonna say that I have had some that look like that and they worked fine, I have seen about 3 or 4 completely different designs that all work in the same saw family.

Latest posts

Back