Identify these tools?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to have six hundred head milking three hundred of those twice a day..... NO FUN!!!

Crofter said:
Butch, we know you are young and impressionable; doesn't take much to make you giggle! Lol. http://www.cyberjammin.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/dude.gif
http://www.cyberjammin.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/dude.gif

dude.gif

We used to have six hundred head milking three hundred of those twice a day..... NO FUN!!!

Can not imagine. I feel tied down just having beef cattle....I feed them every day, but WHEN I want to go over...and certainly not twice a day!

Huh! Smell,stupid ,is that what happened?

Yup. You were too close to it to realize it back then, Al. ;)

I've noticed there are alot of 'life lessons' in a herd of cattle. For example....put a couple bulls in a field together and watch what happens, same here sometimes....put a bunch of guys together in a forum and watch the head butting and bellowing begin! >lol<

The rubber bands cant be any worse than cutting them off witha knife. I seen a Rancher in MT doe this. He put the bull in a cattle clamp, walked up, grabbed the ball bag, and in on slash the bag was severed. He then applied some sort of powder to stop bleeding and help it heel. If I remember right these where limosine cattle?

Actually the Burdizzo clamps that crush the cords and blood vessels seem a lot more off putting than the knife. I have put the elastrator rings on my finger just to try as per an add. and within a minute you loose all feeling. Now I seem to remember a vasectomy a long time ago and it sure took longer than a minute. Bens description was a little rougher and non selective than that doctor!

Most farms here milk 3 times/day, keeps the milking volume up but does not put too much extra "weight" on the cow. Milking is at 04:00,11:30 and 18:00.
About average it is here 300 cows / worker.
250 sows / worker.
15 000 butcher pigs / worker.

The farm I worked on last had 300 milking cows and the beef cows, 450 sows, 20 000 butcher pigs places, and a bunch of fields and buildings.
I thought it was funnier working with the pigs.

Latest posts

Back