If only Stihl started as easy as a Mac 4-30a.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Well heres Mc Bob,s latest sweet thing this gal fired up after just cleaning the points and a bit of cylinder lube didn't want her firing dry.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002-1.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

Just needs a bit of 1/2" chain to be fitted to the Atchins bar even the bar oiler works just fine.

Mc Bob.

I think I've seen a couple that looked like that in a shed behind the local Stihl dealers shop, really. Nice guy my Stihl dealer, I have hauled home quite a few treasures from his little shop that he did not have the time to fix up for resale. He is closing his shop later this summer due to a sawmill right next to him needing office space, and him looking to pursue other interests.:cry: Now I'll have to deal with the jerks at the next closest dealership who don't know their (insert abreviation for donkey here) from a hole in a ground when my customers infalable Stihls mysteriously quit working. Any way I hauled home a fairly nice looking XL12 the other day that was in his "to be scrapped" heap that was just missing an oil cap. Looked to good not to run, dumped some gas in it and about a dozen pulls later in was running. Not bad for an obsolete saw that was sitting outside that may not have been run in a long time, especially when compared to some new world's #1 that sits in it's owner's living room that wouldn't do much better after running the day before.

A great old beast, McBob!! And looks like you've got tha cookie-cuttin' material right at hand for when you put a chain on it. It IS so sweet when one's an easy start!!

The timber i got when a tree lopper took down an overhanging tree next to a home a couple of blocks from where i live even delivery was free.

The tree was removed in sections and i should have got a few more bits while they were there,

I stood in aw at the shredder it swollowed what ever was left and didn't even cough man did that thing have some grunt.

Mc Bob.

Latest posts

Back