If you could choose ony 2 chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VW Splitter

VW Splitter

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
my ported 346xp with a 18" for the small stuff, and my ported 372xp with a 24" for the larger stuff. I have a 385xp that is rated to pull a 42" bar and the 372xp will run circles around it. I sometimes run a 36" on the 372xp. I'm sure it would handle the 42" if needed. The ported saws are my go to saws, seems like the other saws don't see much action anymore.

MountainHigh

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
- Ported 241 cm / 14" bar
- 562xp / 20" bar, semi skip chain

Size matters - If I cant throw a cord's worth of wood easily into my truck, without beating up my back, I won't cut it.

:dancing:

U&A

The Millstead LLC
- Ported 241 cm / 14" bar
- 562xp / 20" bar, semi skip chain

Size matters - If I cant throw a cord's worth of wood easily into my truck, without beating up my back, I won't cut it.

:dancing:

If it’s too big for me to get into the back of my truck I just split it right there. Take two minutes and split that big log in a couple big pieces..... that’s a ton of firewood.

Hard for me to pass up that huge log that when split will hit my house for 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountainHigh

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
If it’s too big for me to get into the back of my truck I just split it right there. Take two minutes and split that big log in a couple big pieces..... that’s a ton of firewood.

Hard for me to pass up that huge log that when split will hit my house for 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I don't mind a little noodling along the way, to make lighter work of bigger rounds, but I'm less inclined to toss the big stuff around than I was 10 years ago.

Latest posts